Official Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
twinkle09
Currently Reading: Tactile Therapy: Volume One
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twinkle09.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out the Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 1 by Tom Wick

Re: Official Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by twinkle09 »

This sounds like a good self-help and motivational book. I liked how you pointed out the errors and inconsistencies in the book which would make it more demanding on the readers' patience. I will likely try to read this book. Congrats on BOTD.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Sounds like an encouragement to face various issues of life, yet it seems like much encouragement is needed to read the book as well since the poor editing. Congratulations on being BOTD
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Samantha Gayle
Favorite Book: The Great Divorce
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-gayle.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon
Reading Device: B0BJLXMVMV

Post by Samantha Gayle »

Thank you for your honest review. I am interested in the themes of the book, but am hesitant to read due to grammatical issues. Hopefully the author will go through another round of editing. I may scan the book to see how distracting the errors are. Thank you and congratulations on BOTD!
Kelsey Fulton
Favorite Book: Villette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsey-fulton.html
Latest Review: Man Shark by Gerald Knight
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Kelsey Fulton »

One quote from the sample really stuck out to me: "Not everyone can be responsible. People take this word casually, and they end up being a casualty.” I'm sad to hear that the book lacks originality, despite potential. I'm pretty picky about self-help books anyway, so I'll pass on this one. Nonetheless, thanks for this honest review!
"Everything is nothing, with a twist." -Kurt Vonnegut
Cheryl12
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire - Personal Workbook
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl12.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Post by Cheryl12 »

Our best teacher and coach in life can be considered as our parents. Also, our grandparents who have been around for a long time, are teachers who have set the pace and taught us how to enjoy life now to fulfill our purpose here on earth.

Moreover, some genuine friends who set good example can be a form of teacher. "Wisdom: Unleash Yourself" by Arun Mago explained the different levels of teachers, trainers and mentors along life journey so we can be responsible.

C.McDermott
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by ciecheesemeister »

I might enjoy the concept of this book. I appreciate you pointing out the pitfalls with the text errors. Thank you for your review.
DBNJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbnj.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by DBNJ »

Life lessons and time managment ideas with a bit of spirituality involved. The author seesm to have taken inspiration from his own life experiences to write this book. Thank you for your descriptive review!
‘In a world that increasingly obsesses over the gods of power, money, and fame, a writer must remain detached, like a bird on a rail, watching, noting, probing, commenting, but never joining. In short, an outsider.”

-Fredrick Forsyth
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

Thanks for the honest review. It's definitely hard to get into a book that isn't engaging, original, or creative in any way. Props to the author for writing about such important life lessons but maybe should be executed in a better way. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
navyapindi
Currently Reading: Insurgent
Bookshelf Size: 234

Post by navyapindi »

The book seems very informative. The persuasive and argumentative writing of the author makes it interesting. But sorry to know from the review that it's poorly edited and the text seems unoriginal and boring. Congrats on BOTD!
Nath_chuks
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nath-chuks.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Nath_chuks »

The persuasive and argumentative quality of the book makes it quite interesting, but the boring and unoriginality nature of the book is discouraging, so I will pass. Congrats on Botd.
Pearl_Filwe
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Pearl_Filwe »

Such a wonderful, intriguing book to read about. 'Wisdom' says it all.. People who had no knowledge about our surroundings should indulge in this non-fiction book. I only read the free sample but i kid you not, it's luring me back to it. I am more than willing to read this book, every single page. The first part i read about 'who our teachers are' in this life opened my sight. I've always wondered what nature means to me. Its more than just a teacher to me it's like a god to me. I've learnt so much about nature that I'm willing to learn more. I've learnt to stay still in the middle of storms, fly when it's time,shine, love the moon as much as i love myself because I'll love myself even when I'm not full. It's just so beautiful to watch. Teachers are the greatest to have. A big shout out to the author, the book is an eye-opener to many souls.
iknwuzoh
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire: Fires of Virko
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iknwuzoh.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by iknwuzoh »

The book seems to be an inspirational one even though it was not well edited. Thanks for the review.
Steven Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steven-samuel.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Steven Samuel »

I was hyped to read this book after reading the summary and sample but a 2 out of 4 stars rating isn't encouraging.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

I really appreciate the author's discussion on these topics: patience, wealth, responsibility, and politics, and how he offered his opinions. Great review
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

This sounds like a strange book to me. Great that the subject is nature, the structure was good and that the arguments were sound. Still not sure I'd be interested. Thanks for the review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”