Official Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wisdom" by Arun mago.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wisdom by Arun Mago is a non-fiction book with various of the author’s thoughts on life. The writer discusses numerous themes, such as patience, wealth, responsibility, and politics, offering his opinions on these topics. The tone of the text is simple and informal, allowing every reader to comprehend the writer’s arguments.

The author begins his book by identifying who our teachers are, highlighting that our parents and our friends are our biggest teachers. Next, he defines responsibility, using a mnemonic to help readers remember the traits of a responsible person. He also emphasizes the importance of placing logic above emotions, as he explains that people should make rational decisions based on logic instead of impulsive decisions based on feelings. Furthermore, he differentiates being productive from being busy, while e gives the reader some advice on how to be more productive. Moving on, the writer explains that beauty is subjective, so nothing that God created is ugly. After this, the author explains that humans today are trapped in boxes, so we should escape these boxes (e.g. cell phones, cars, offices) by connecting with nature.

This book was excellently structured, as it followed a logical, cohesive, and rational flow, helping the reader understand the writer’s arguments. What I liked most about this book was that the author was persuasive and argumentative. By using direct language and logical arguments, the author managed to verify his points.

However, I also encountered a few problems in this book. Firstly, the book was poorly edited, as I noticed many grammatical and punctuation errors, which means that the book must go through more editing before being published. Additionally, I found the book dull and uninteresting in some cases, as the author failed to add adequate tension and emotion to the text, which did not engage me. What I disliked most in this book was that it was not unique, as the author lacked originality, creativity, and imagination.

This book is best suited for readers who like motivating, encouraging handbooks related to life issues. Adult readers who are more mature and have more life experience will likely prefer this book, as they will relate better to the writer’s views. The author made a reference to some Hindu deities in the text, therefore Hindu readers will enjoy this book the most.

In conclusion, I rate this book with 2 out of 4 stars. I deducted two stars because the text was boring, unoriginal, and unprofessionally edited. I did not give the book a lower rating because it was rationally structured and persuasive.

Wisdom
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
funmilayo_h
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funmilayo-h.html
Latest Review: Battlemind by Michael Waddington

Post by funmilayo_h »

I feel because the tone of the text is simple and informal relates to the reason why you gave it a 2 out of 4 stars...due to the poor rating, I won't be reading this
sirbobthewise
Currently Reading: Embracing Defeat
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirbobthewise.html
Latest Review: PRAGUE: Darkness Descending by Robert Tecklenburg

Post by sirbobthewise »

Good job on getting through a book that lacked some originality and creativity; that can be difficult, and you did that as well as finding some aspects that you did enjoy. Just reading your review, it would seem like I would have a lot to argue with for this book, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but can be quite exhausting. It seems like the author takes a very narrow, imbalanced view of some of the ideas stated. While I agree that rational decisions are important, I don’t agree with villainizing emotions. It’s important to have a healthy respect for both logic and our emotions, so I hope that if the author didn't yet address a balanced ground in the text, that he takes the time to do so in the next edit. Good job with your review!
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I love to read motivational books. Sad to note the problem you found with the book. I hope the author can rewrite some parts of the book to make it more engaging, or, at least, get it professionally edited.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

I was enjoying your review until I got to the rating. I wish the author can make the needed corrections. I was looking forward to adding it to my bookshelves.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

Great review, the book has a lot to hint us on if not for its flaws.
Aftab Yunis
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The fourth Dimension
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aftab-yunis-hakim.html
Latest Review: One Hand Two Hearts by S.K. Alfstad

Post by Aftab Yunis »

Thank you for summarizing this book. Being a reader, I am convinced with the reviewer, if your book has grammatical mistakes it does not take your readers' attention rather readers think might be this book is not worthy to read though the written material is good to read.
However, I like the idea of trapped in boxes that how people have put themselves into cages such as cell phones and many other digital gadgets. That's true there is purpose behind God's creation of everything.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

I completely agree with the low rating part. The inconsistencies if removed would make it a perfect read.
Great review.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

From the book's title, I was hoping that it would contain original and profound ideas we can use and apply in our life. However, it seems that the book fails to introduce this. Thank you for your review!
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lydia.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Guda Lydia »

I also read the book and agree it was very generic. There is no passion or originality in the writing. The messages are positive and encouraging to some extent, but still lack something.
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

Learning to make decisions based on logic, and not emotions, is extremely hard to do. This sounds like a great book of nuggets of information applicable to many walks of our daily life.
Fernando222
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernando222.html
Latest Review: If Only by Elaine Blick

Post by Fernando222 »

I like that the author spared no details in making his point. I wouldn’t judge an author for being direct, especially if he's making a crystal-clear point. Your review is inspiring.
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

This book is not something I would normally read. However, with some editing this may be an interesting book for those who like encouraging books on life. Congrats on the book of the day. Great review.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

This sounds like an effective self-help and motivational book that emphasizes the importance of using logic instead of emotions to make decisions. While this advice that is often difficult to execute into one's daily life, it is important. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Prachi Randeria
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prachi-randeria.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by Prachi Randeria »

The message of the book is encouraging and positive, but it lacks originality. I don't think it would be a good read for me. Thanks for the honest review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”