Official Review: God's Perfect Timing

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Official Review: God's Perfect Timing

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "God's Perfect Timing" by Melvin J Woodard III.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One of the things I've found fascinating about the Bible is the historical timelines. The fact that I could trace the events that happened back to history is terrific. This was the primary reason I decided to read and review God's Perfect Timing by Melvin J. Woodard III.

This book provides a practical explanation of how an eternal God can also work within time. The author does an excellent job of establishing the importance of timing in the way God operates with His Creation. The author uses the ten chapters of this book to provide a concise analysis of the different timelines in biblical history, the major players in them, and their relevance to the world as we know it today. He goes further to examine future events using antecedents from things that happened in the past and things that are presently happening. If you're as excited as I am about a well-researched material explaining the events and timelines in the Bible, this book will be worth your while.

I was pleased to see the level of research the author put into this book. He wasn't merely presenting me with personal assertions or "revelations" from the Bible — he made statements of fact while making references to verified sources. His background as a Doctor of Divinity came to bear in this book. He provided notes that contained the resources that were cited in the book. Additionally, there were appendices, one of which provided the guide to the exact dates the author mentioned. I commend the author for covering as many grounds as possible in his research.

I stated earlier that this book is a practical one — and it wasn't a cliché. The author included practical workbooks at the end of each chapter. Each workbook contained questions the reader was supposed to answer and actions they ought to take afterward. Additionally, there was an opportunity to make notes after each chapter. However, I believed it would only be beneficial if the reader had a printed copy of the book. Nonetheless, these elements made the book engaging and easy to follow.

What I liked most was the timeline breakdown across the chapters. It reminded me of advice I always got from my life coach: "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." The author took the time to discuss the timelines in groups. The groupings started from the Adam-Noah dispensation through the Noah-Abraham and Saul-Solomon dispensations, all the way to the Revelations. This made it an easy-to-follow resource for anyone interested in the chronological history of the Bible.

The only thing I found disconcerting was the number of pages dedicated to the references. Against the usual style of making a drop-down list of the resources, the author dedicated one page to each reference. Thus, there were 65 pages used for the "References" session. Though it didn't affect my enjoyment of the book, I found it awkward.

Looking at the book holistically, I rate it four out of four stars because it was well written and professionally edited. As earlier stated, if you're interested in the Bible's chronological history and its relevance to humanity, this book would make a good read for you.

God's Perfect Timing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

My regards to you for the review, it is evident that the author did an excellent job. I've realized books in this genre require research and time. They also demand patience from a writer: Melvin J Woodard III got all the determinants head-on.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Ben97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben97.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ben97 »

Wow! That's an illuminating review and I think every Christian spiritual book reader will relish reading this book.
Akinsemoyin Adeola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinsemoyin-adeola.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Post by Akinsemoyin Adeola »

Such a detailed and great review. I could feel your excitement about this book through your review. Great job!
Uncle_Praise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uncle-praise.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Uncle_Praise »

Awesome review and I can not but applaud the author for putting together this wonderful piece about God. Yes, I do believe in God's timing. Even in the Bible, there were scenarios where God's timing was described.
Chinelookeke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinelookeke.html
Latest Review: Fear Me Now by Christopher Williams

Post by Chinelookeke »

When it comes to stories from the Bible,I always want to read them because they are wonderful and interesting stories that serve as a reminder about how awesome our God is. Beautiful book and a nice review.
Bing09Baring
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bing09Baring »

I absolutely love this book , God perfect timing, I am ready to learn and to know more about him. God bless readers❤🙂
FEislandqueen13
Currently Reading: The 19th Bladesman
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feislandqueen13.html
Latest Review: Doomsday by R. L. Gemmill

Post by FEislandqueen13 »

This book isn't my cup of tea. But i enjoyed the informative review.
Think before you speak. Read before you think.” – Fran Lebowitz
:eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think:
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

Awesome review. The book cover and title are magnetic. The moment I saw them I knew I wanted this book. More so, your review has heightened my desire. Kudos to the author for putting together this great piece.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

Thanks for the detailed review. Books on spirituality least interest me. But this book seems to have a different feel to it.
Dreamer80
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dreamer80.html
Latest Review: How Trends Make You A Smarter Investor by Gabrielle Dahms

Post by Dreamer80 »

Honestly I'd find such a way of referencing awkward too, maybe the author didn't know or wanted to kind of emphasize? Anyway, your review was really great! thanks for this
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

There's a popular saying that God's time is the best, and I believe encapsulates that saying. I'd love to read the author's view though. Great review.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Momoftwo2020
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Momoftwo2020 »

This author did a wonderful job on this book and i would definitely buy it. Great job
kljrox
Favorite Book: The Pentagon Years
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kljrox.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by kljrox »

I love the way the author has laid the book out, with chapters and the different timelines ending with a workbook for reflection. I had to smile while reading your review because I kept thinking of all the times that God showed me His time, and not mine, is what I should adhere to. This sounds like a beautifully written book and I thank you for your inspiring and informative review.
"I promised myself that I would take the time to notice simple beauty every day."
Richard L. Haight
Lizziemarcel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizziemarcel.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Lizziemarcel »

The title of the book is captivating, because I so much believe that Gods' timing supersedes my own timing, since the bible made us to understand that Gods' ways are not our way and His thoughts are far beyond ours.
Even the creation of the world was done with timing. I'm already in love with this book just by the title and preview.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”