Official Review: Winning the War on Cancer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Cristina Chifane »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure by Sylvie Beljanski is a must-read for people suffering from cancer and other chronic diseases. All those who are willing to give integrative medicine a chance will find this book a valuable source of information. The author does not blindly dismiss the benefits of allopathic treatments. On the contrary, her greatest merit is that she pleads for a holistic approach to medicine and the convergent action of both traditional and alternative cures.

I am neither a doctor nor a patient. However, I found Sylvie Beljanski’s book highly educational and inspirational from multiple perspectives. Firstly, the author’s ideas are thoroughly backed by scientific research, published articles signed by experts in the field, and treatment protocols for different kinds of cancer. Secondly, Winning the War on Cancer is the most wonderful tribute a daughter could pay to her father. In addition, the book raises the alarm on the financial interests of pharmaceutical companies and the hidden agenda of elected officials.

All ten chapters are exceptionally well organized and edited. Although this is mainly a piece of scientific non-fiction, it also includes many personal stories that display the kind of high action and drama characteristic of a novel. The first part of the book focuses on Mirko Beljanski, PhD, a brilliant biologist-biochemist who joined the famous Pasteur Institute in Paris and started to rethink the origin of cancer. Gradually, the book progresses toward Sylvie’s own journey since the moment she decides to carry on her father’s legacy and research program.

Driven by the idea of helping people to fight against cancer, Mirko Beljanski found two miraculous plants in nature: Pao pereira, a tree native to the Amazon, and Rauwolfia vomitoria, an African root bark. Moving a step further, he developed natural molecules able to selectively block cancerous cell multiplication without killing healthy cells. Due to Beljanski’s treatment protocol, the French president François Mitterand could finish his second term in office after he had almost given up the struggle against pancreatic cancer. If cancer patients were thankful for Beljanski’s products, the conventional oncology community sought to destroy his scientific credibility.

Her father’s persecution and subsequent arrest trigger Sylvie’s strong emotional reaction and her commitment to accomplish the mission of proving his innocence and manufacturing his products. The book details on the trials and tribulations of a long journey for a daughter who is ready to change her entire life and risk her marriage only to clear her father’s name and make people aware of Mirko Beljanski’s contribution to the advancement of science. I have particularly enjoyed Sylvie’s frankness coupled with her courage and determination to achieve her goals. Her ability to deal with extremely diverse and challenging situations kept me tuned in all the way to the end. A law graduate, Sylvie finds the strength to set up the Beljanski Foundation, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to further Dr. Beljanski’s research within a network of high-profile institutions around the world.

I am rating Winning the War on Cancer 4 out of 4 stars. Since I believe in the healing power of nature, I have no reservations when it comes to environmental medicine. Besides, Mirko Beljanski’s theories and products are meant to complement surgery, radiotherapy, and chemotherapy, not replace them entirely. Sylvie’s journey of self-discovery is pigmented with many ups and downs. No matter if she is in the Amazon rainforest, at a Las Vegas medical convention, or on a hospital bed, she manages to overcome all obstacles and stay true to the promise she made to her father. I am recommending the book not only to cancer patients, but also to people interested in living a healthier life. Unlike synthetic drugs and their associated side effects, natural products could work well in eliminating toxins and providing quality support to the body’s rejuvenating process. There is nothing I liked least about this book. Its overall optimistic message, the scientific references, and the author’s encouraging tone will definitely convince many of those who are still skeptical about integrative medicine.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Dominik_G
Currently Reading: Secret Window
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominik-g.html
Latest Review: A Long Dark Rainbow by Michael Tappenden

Post by Dominik_G »

I find the holistic approach of Winning the War on Cancer very relatable and admirable. Thank you for your well-written review!
Kelyn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Kelyn »

I've been interested in alternative medicine and natural healing for some time now. It sounds like the author did her homework and research on this one. It took courage to stick to her guns in the face of the greater 'scientific community' trying to discredit her father's research. I'm not into memoirs, so I'll be skipping this one, but I'm sure those who like the genre will find it a fascinating read. Thanks for the excellent review!
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

On the contrary, her greatest merit is that she pleads for a holistic approach to medicine and the convergent action of both traditional and alternative cures.
I am totally with the author on this matter. We shouldn't always consider one option but several others that can help toward the same goal. Thanks for the informative review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: My Yellow Brick Road by Patrick J Roelle Sr. / Mr. Pat

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Cancer is definitely one of the most horrifying diseases there is. My common sense says that the holistic approach would probably be the best way to fight it. Therefore, this book really sounds very interesting and reliable. Thanks for the thoughtful review!
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative
Wuoketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wuoketch.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wuoketch »

I would also like to read this educational and inspiration book that touches on the most threatening disease in the world today. Insightful review.
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

If we cue more to holistic treatment, our trepidations on drugs would have largely been eradicated. Nice review
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I am also neither a patient nor a doctor, I found this book (based on your review) to be amazingly helpful to cancer patients and their families and friends. Thank you for writing this brilliant review!
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

I have read many survival stories, people cheating deadly diseases and deaths. And still be able to find hope after all that uphill battle. This book sounds more like a treatment than a survival story. Thanks for the amazing review.
SoyArjay
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by SoyArjay »

This book is decent. I love the story of survival. Cancer is so deadly, and reading a story about the survival and courage to fight it gives me so much inspirational not to give up. Just put everything into action.
gatuguta2030
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatuguta2030.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by gatuguta2030 »

The Author's holistic approach is very important in overcoming cancer. Nice review of the book.
lhuddleston03
Currently Reading: The Red Wave Imperative
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhuddleston03.html
Latest Review: Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Post by lhuddleston03 »

I enjoyed your review, not only because I am currently reading Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber NMD but also your review is very well written and gives just enough information to inspire me to read it also. 8)
baha Ibrahim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baha-ibrahim.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by baha Ibrahim »

This book was full of priceless information, The story was interesting but difficult to follow. The research and information about the extracts was incredible .The amazing work she and her father have done should be known world wide and I will for sure recommend this book to others.
Thanks for the amazing review
:tiphat: Baha :tiphat:
Patrick Maina1
Currently Reading: The Power of Habit
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patrick-maina1.html
Latest Review: How To Keep Your Daughter From Slamming the Door by Deborah Ann Davis
Reading Device: Moonreader

Post by Patrick Maina1 »

Your review is quite thoroughly done.Cancer is a real menace and any effort to enlighten people on alternative prevention and treatment is always welcome.
Teele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: More Hype Than Glory by Tom Hyde

Post by Teele »

I have no reservations when it comes to environmental medicine
It is a promising field. Thanks for a good review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”