Official Review: Break The Curse: A Template for Change

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: Break The Curse: A Template for Change

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Break The Curse: A Template for Change" by Steve Kelley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever hit rock bottom that you had no idea how you were going to get back up? Do you desire a life far better than what you're living now? If your answer to these questions is "yes," you need to get Break the Curse: A Template for Change by Steve Kelley.

In this book, the author shared ten steps to help the reader restart life. This is why this book would appeal most to people who are in a terrible state — spiritually, emotionally, or financially. These steps were a product of the author's quest to create a better life for himself and his family — a life better than the one himself and his four siblings were born into. Also, the fire accident that destroyed his first home — and marriage — inspired him to write this timely book. This book's timeliness was also predicated on the fact that people would need something to help them recover from the adverse effects of the novel coronavirus.

The first thing that impressed me about this book was the author's simplicity in sharing his thoughts. His communication was straightforward, and I found his writing to be relaxed and conversational — it felt like I was gisting with a buddy. The bane of most self-help and motivational books usually would be the author's rabble-rousing tendencies. On the contrary, this book was as simple as it could be — there were no philosophical theatrics aimed at tricking the reader. The author did an excellent job of breaking down his thoughts so that a layperson would follow. I mostly enjoyed how he explained eight different frames of mind using a weather forecast and seven tenets of leadership. I had a swell time reading this book.

The structure and arrangement of this book made it a seamless read in two significant ways. First, there were ten chapters, with each chapter dedicated to a particular step. The author beautifully connected preceding steps to succeeding ones. Hence, a smooth flow was sustained all through the read. Secondly, the author maintained a consistent format for each chapter — a quote, graphic illustration of the idea, explanation of the step (with ample examples and personal stories), chapter summary, action steps, how a genius would implement the step, and a connection to the next step. Additionally, he shared two worksheets for goal-setting at the end of the book.

There was no fault I could find in the book. The writing was excellent, and the editing was professional. Therefore, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Break The Curse: A Template for Change
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Misty20058
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misty20058.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben

Post by Misty20058 »

This sounds like a book that everyone would benefit from reading. Im also very impressed that it had no errors. Thanks for the review.
Nath_chuks
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nath-chuks.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Nath_chuks »

A book that helps people who are in a terrible state emotionally, spiritually, and financially restart life seems good.
I like the author's writing style is conversational, it won't have to bore you. Great review
kljrox
Favorite Book: The Pentagon Years
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kljrox.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by kljrox »

I like that the author wrote this with a regular person in mind and didn't use "philosophical theatrics" as you said. It does indeed sound relevant to the times and hopefully quite helpful to people who will read it. Thanks for the informative review.
"I promised myself that I would take the time to notice simple beauty every day."
Richard L. Haight
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

I really enjoyed reading your review. Would love to know how the author turned things around in this life.
rejo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by rejo »

I love reading books that not only entertain but also educate. It appears this book is one of those. Thanks for the perfect review.
baha Ibrahim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baha-ibrahim.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by baha Ibrahim »

No matter what you are dealing with BREAK THE CURSE shows how you can move forward and win.

Thanks for the review
:tiphat: Baha :tiphat:
Kola+wole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kola-wole.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Kola+wole »

Well written review. The book sounds like a companion worth having.
gatuguta2030
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatuguta2030.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by gatuguta2030 »

This is quite an insightful read. I like about the 10 steps on how to restart life.
Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”