Official Review: The World of Warcraft Millionaire

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lydia.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Official Review: The World of Warcraft Millionaire

Post by Guda Lydia »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The World of Warcraft Millionaire" by Adam K. Jones.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Whether you are a new or established player, The World of Warcraft Millionaire is a reliable guide to successful auction flipping. Adam K. Jones gives clear and systematic instructions on what steps and tools to use to maximize profits. The book starts with the basics of transmog flipping and highlights common mistakes gamers make like mispricing items, and also how the game and the gold system works. Additionally, the guide highlights the advantages and disadvantages of high and low population realms in terms of auctioning. Further, there are tips on what to do when taking a break from the game to avert losses.

A necessary add on for flipping is the TradeSkillMaster4 (TSM4), which is generally beneficial for analyzing potential deals, and shortens the time it takes to post auctions. The book also covers key TSM4 metrics, which include Region Sale Average (RSA), Region Sale Rate (RSR), Market Value, and Regional Market Value average. For instance, comparing RSA against market value and regional market value to spot overinflated items or using RSA to approximate the chances your item will sell. An RSR of 0.05 means five times more sales than an RSR of 0.01, so auction pieces should have a high RSR. Market values indicate what your item is worth in your realm, also tells if an item is overinflated or if it is lucrative.

The author is very descriptive in his explanations and uses precise numbers in the accompanying examples. He further outlines his experience with auction house flipping while giving tips such as being patient and reposting. The book is arranged chronologically, so it is easy to follow and quickly grab the concepts. For example, TSM4 installation and setup come before usage and vital statistics. The language used is also direct, and as a result, the book is easy to read and flows right through.

The aspect I love most about the guide is the numerous graphical and pictorial illustrations that give evidence of the success of the methods. The illustrations also boost the explanations and help the reader understand them easily, providing more clarity. I found nothing to dislike; all the new and technical concepts are well explained so that even a new gamer can instantly grasp them. An example is the python script, its functions, and a systematic guide to setting it up.

The book is excellently edited; I came across only two spacing errors. The book is a fast read, and the author speaks directly to the reader. It is easy to emulate the tips given and install the various setups. The World of Warcraft Millionaire immensely improves gaming experience, and some of the tips are equally applicable in real-life profit and investment ventures. I, therefore, give it a 4 out of 4 stars rating and recommend it to both new and experienced gamers looking to enjoy and profit from the game.

The World of Warcraft Millionaire
View: on Bookshelves
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I have never read a book of this type before. I think it is because I am not gamer, but it definitely sounds interesting. Great review!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Munir1977
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Munir1977 »

Display, presentation and spot allocation are the most evolved factors to make profit and increase sales. Management should put themselves in customer feet and price tag the product. And no doubt then comes customer service
Almera101
Currently Reading: Aircraft Safety
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-almera101.html
Latest Review: An Imperfect Crime by Fred G. Baker

Post by Almera101 »

Never really thought of this as a revenue stream. From the review I think I'll give the book a browse.
Jeff Kanda
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

This book sounds great. Your review is so appealing!
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Guda Lydia »

Elvis Best wrote: 08 Aug 2020, 13:40 I have never read a book of this type before. I think it is because I am not gamer, but it definitely sounds interesting. Great review!
It is interesting indeed, and easy for a gamer and a non-gamer to understand it as well.
LuciusM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luciusm.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by LuciusM »

The book seems complicated because of the use of technical words in that field. I would like to hear from you. Good review though.
"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from all the miseries of life"
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:

Post by Guda Lydia »

Jeff Kanda wrote: 09 Aug 2020, 06:45 This book sounds great. Your review is so appealing!
Thank you! The book has some helpful tips.
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:

Post by Guda Lydia »

LuciusM wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 12:19 The book seems complicated because of the use of technical words in that field. I would like to hear from you. Good review though.
Thank you! The book is surprisingly very easy to understand. The author carefully explains every term and concept in the simplest way. Also each explanation has a pictorial accompanying it, making the book visual as well.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”