Official Review: Dancing Past the Graveyard by Paul Eno

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: Dancing Past the Graveyard by Paul Eno

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dancing Past the Graveyard" by Paul Eno.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What if everything we knew about the paranormal was a lie? What if there's an alternative explanation for ghosts, poltergeists, and strange sights? Paul Eno answers these questions in Dancing Past the Graveyard.

Paul Eno was in seminary school studying to become a priest. His interest in ghosts and the paranormal world was unsettling to his supervisors. To that end, they expelled him. His curiosity, however, was unabated, and he continued his search for answers.

Drawn from his experiences with exorcisms and studies he had carried out on his own, this book contained the author's theories on what we call ghosts and spirits. We'd read his stories of both violent and benign specters, and lost, distressed souls. We'd also learn about creatures that feed on negative energy, the multiverse theory, and many different versions of ourselves. He presented different cases he had encountered and how they shook his Roman Catholic beliefs to the core. Some of these experiences could be explained by science, while we might never understand others. However, all of them were connected somehow, and that is what Paul Eno revealed in this book.

This is a disturbing book — it challenges some beliefs we are so comfortable with. We have always known that our understanding of the world is limited. However, seeing how little we know can be disorienting.

This book is not a horror novel; it's real life and deals with real people. It almost makes you want to look over your shoulder whenever you're walking down a hallway for fear that a sinister creature might be lurking in the shadows.

I like that the author added pictures of some of his case studies. The photos, and the case studies themselves, give the book an air of authenticity. They show that these are not just theories plucked out from the air, but there are pieces of evidence to back them up. The author also provides links to his Facebook page and other books and TV shows he has worked on. This establishes him as an authority in the field of paranormal studies. This is what I like most about the book.

The author's writing style is simple and easy to understand. He explains his theories — both scientific and otherwise — in simple, straightforward language, and he does not go overboard in his descriptions. This book is not written to instill fear or show off his knowledge but to inform the reader clearly about the things he has experienced and the knowledge he has gleaned from those experiences. However, there's no guarantee that the book won't leave some petrifying residues in your mind.

Devout religious people might find this book offensive, as it is contrary to most religions' faith. His theories about God, spirits, purgatory, and death might not sit well with people of the Christian faith. He isn't objective in his treatment of religious doctrines and outrightly discredits many Christian teachings. This is the only thing I dislike about it. Religious issues are sensitive and need objectivity in discussing them.

The book was exceptionally edited, as I found only a few errors. I'd rate it 3 out of 4 stars because of the lack of objectivity in discussing religious matters. I'd recommend it to anybody interested in the paranormal world.

Dancing Past the Graveyard
View: on Bookshelves
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review but will give this book a pass. I welcome different perspectives and opinions that challenge my beliefs and knowledge but I am not ready to delve into the world of ghosts.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Anusha Thatavarthi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

Wow, what an interesting book. I like reading books that challenge my beliefs and the author seems to have a lot of experience in the field he wrote about. Wonderful review!
hanam
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanam.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by hanam »

Thank you for the amazing and insightful review. The books seems very interesting and I would like to read books on ghosts atleast once in my life.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

I do not think I'll want to read as it might create vivid images that will trigger fear. Despite that, I must still commend the author for his ability to pass on his message in a relatable way. Good job!
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

I would love to read this. I've always been fascinated with the theories behind ghosts and exorcism. Thanks for the review.
Uzzy_Reviews

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”