Official Review: Ministry From My Perspective

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Official Review: Ministry From My Perspective

Post by Mindy Conahye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ministry From My Perspective" by Sharl Whitaker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ministry From My Perspective is a nonfiction book written by Sharl Whitaker. The book is geared towards anyone looking to deepen their faith. Whether the reader has faith or is struggling to find their faith, this book will help them through their obstacles. It aims to helps those looking to create positive changes and to help the reader to embrace God's plans for themselves.

In this book, the author discusses his views on ministry and the importance of having a strong relationship with God. He writes about how God has a plan for everyone and how one can learn to figure out what that plan is. Whitaker details how allowing God to shift our mind frame allows us to find our purpose. He says finding our purpose helps to keep us from living an unfulfilled life. The book includes come scriptures of interest, but is mainly the author's thoughts and feelings on how to get to where we are suppose to be. The scriptures listed give an easy reference for the reader should they want to explore more about what the author has written.

Those who enjoy reading religious nonfiction books will want to read Ministry From My Perspective. Readers looking for something motivational and uplifting will like reading it as well. Individuals who prefer nonreligious books will want to skip this one. I felt the material in the book would be best suited for older youth and adults. It wouldn't be a book younger readers would be fully able to comprehend.

I enjoyed reading this book. While the book is based on religion, I felt the author had a unique way of writing about it. He includes important scriptures to support his ideas on how God helps people to find their purpose because God has a plan for each individual. I liked how he wrote about everyone having their own plans and God has one for us too. He explains how a shift will occur and it will happen as a shift in one's mind. It's about hearing what God wants instead of what others have said to us to derail God's plans. I liked how the chapters were broken down. The author went from one aspect of God's plans to the next. I feel the author wrote in a way that was easy to understand. Religion can be very complex, but I understand this book and what the author was saying. The only part I didn't care for was in the beginning of the book when he wrote about marriage being between a husband and a wife. While I understand some believe the Bible says marriage is between a man and woman, that is actually a personal interpretation. I would have enjoyed it more if the author talked about how God plans for two souls to come together as a married couple instead of specifying a husband and a wife. This would be my only dislike with the book, but I completely understand this is the author's personal view.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. There were no errors. The book appears to be proofread and professionally edited. I found the author wrote about an interesting topic. The flow of the book made it easy to read. The author's writing style made the book enjoyable. He did an excellent job expressing his views and helping the reader to understand his ideas on God's plans for us. I believe I would read other books by this author.

Ministry From My Perspective
View: on Bookshelves
Mac :techie-reference:
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I might just give this book a chance. Learning about how other people cultivate their relationship with God is inspirational. Thanks for the review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”