Official Review: Bipolar Cossack by Peter Melnyk

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Official Review: Bipolar Cossack by Peter Melnyk

Post by Beatus »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bipolar Cossack" by Peter Melnyk.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bipolar Cossack: And The Trail of Terror by Peter Melnyk starts with a brief history of Kievan Rus. It was a powerful state that existed in the 1200s. Some historians believe it contributed to the beginning of what came to be the Soviet Union. The author introduced this history lesson to show how sound his mind was. It was the time before his psychosis problem started. He had plans of becoming a History professor because he loved history and studied it with passion. However, he abruptly dropped out of school and jumped into music. And before long, he was on a plane to South Korea to teach English.

I didn’t know what to expect when I picked this book. However, when the author started talking about the hallucinations, voices and smells that are not real, I had to sit straight. Yes, we all do what we have convinced ourselves inside our minds. We deliberate with ourselves mentally as we plan our days and set our goals. What I couldn’t fathom was the author’s thoughts of controlling the minds of people and starting another World War. Maybe it’s right to think like that, but acting on such thoughts is way too terrifying. This sounded weird at first, however, how many times have we thought we smelled, heard, or saw something that isn't there?

Bipolar Cossack: And The Trail of Terror by Peter Melnyk is a trail of a psychotic mind. The details of the thoughts that pass through it and how the author interprets them. These interpretations eventually contributed to detrimental decisions and shocking actions that the author did before discovering he was sick. The most terrifying aspect of this story is that the author had other entities in his mind deciding for him. These entities won his complete trust. And because of this, the author ended up traveling from Canada to Ukraine to Poland, plotting and planning to cause division and instill white supremacy.

Readers will gain invaluable insight into how psychosis starts and what it can do to a person. The author has been very honest about himself and his condition, and for that, I am not judging his racist thoughts. However, readers should beware of such elements and be ready before picking this book. The author used strong words that may easily offend some readers. However, I recommend this book to readers who would like to know about psychosis as the book is an eye-opener.

The book needs a bit of polishing as I encountered several mistakes. A professional editor would've earned the book a four-star rating. Though I disliked the racist components of the book, I think they were necessary for showing how ugly the problem can become. I liked everything else presented and how the author constructed the narrative. Therefore, I rate Bipolar Cossack: And the Trail of Terror by Peter Melnyk 3 out of 4 stars.

Bipolar Cossack
View: on Bookshelves
Unique Ego
Favorite Book: The Tales of Little Lady M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-ego.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Unique Ego »

It's not often that you hear first hand accounts of bipolar issues. I'd love to read about Peter's experience.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”