Official Review: From Hate to Love by Frank J Donohue

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Caroline Anne Richmond
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Little Book of Bad Intentions
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-anne-richmond.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Official Review: From Hate to Love by Frank J Donohue

Post by Caroline Anne Richmond »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From Hate to Love" by Frank J Donohue.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

From Hate to Love is a non-fiction book written by Frank J. Donohue. The author dedicates himself to inspire people not to hate, as we have more in common than divides us. With an increase of hate in the media and in our surroundings, he sets out to turn hate into love with the help of his words, which he believes were helped by the Holy Spirit.

The author spent over thirty years as an international pilot and has had many near-death experiences, such as road traffic accidents. He also had a harrowing experience with his wife’s health. His personal experiences are intertwined in the book and help describe his journey to remove hate from his life.

Experiencing feelings of hate have detrimental effects on our physical, mental, and spiritual health, and the author has compiled steps to eliminate this. Included are discussions of God, Jesus, and why humans exist. Other religions are mentioned with underlying principles of love, not hate. The author’s motivation to not hate is to ensure he will not be sent to Hell when judged by God.

The discussions of different religions, their histories, and principles are interesting. I enjoyed the research and knowledge the author has expressed in the book. I especially enjoyed learning about the roots of lesser-known religions like Taoism, Shintoism, and the Baha’i faith of Persia. It was also an impressive addition to add the numbers of the world’s population that followed each religion. The author follows the Catholic religion, and a lot of his religious beliefs are prominent themes in the book. There are many extracts from the Bible and many references to not wanting to enter the fiery depths of Hell. Also, Jesus is described as the principal example of a man without hate. Because of this religious content, the book is more suitable for readers of a Christian faith.

I enjoyed the parts about the author’s life experiences. I enjoyed his memories of his life as a pilot and seeing the world from the air. He describes the sights of sunsets and sunrises, Aurora Borealis, shooting stars, and all types of terrain. I thought these words beautifully captured memories that would be awe-inspiring to experience.

Harbouring hate within us is detrimental to our mental and physical health, and I thought it was an important subject to include. The author discusses how stress can build up and how problems occur from this, such as depression, headaches, heart and vascular problems, and the tendency to develop bad habits like alcohol and drug abuse. I think this is a great message for anyone who has a build-up of stress and anxiety within them and an encouragement to take better care of themselves and live a healthier life.

I didn’t find any spelling or grammar mistakes in the book, so I believe it has been exceptionally edited. I thought the book contained some positive and important messages and provided well-researched information. The addition of some religious content about Hell and grace blessings was a little too much for me, but overall I enjoyed the book. With all things considered, I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. Adults with the Christian faith would enjoy this guide to being a loving person. Readers who enjoy religious studies and inspiring words may also enjoy this book.

From Hate to Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
C3cilia
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c3cilia.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by C3cilia »

Frank gives very helpful advice that we have more in common than it divide us.He is also against hate since he beliefs it has negative impacts on both mental and physical health.Great review.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

I think that positivity also impacts not only you and your surroundings but also what you attract. After so many near death experiences it is good to spread positivity using words. Thank you for the review!
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

Indeed we have more in common than divides us and hate should be turned to love. Great review.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

Especially with all the gate and tension we can feel rising today between everybody, this sounds like it would be a good reminder to choose not to hate. Great review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”