Official Review: The Process of Living by Bill DeBarba

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Official Review: The Process of Living by Bill DeBarba

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Process of Living" by Bill DeBarba.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Is there an actual connection between your thought process and your reality? Bill DeBarba sheds light on improving the quality of one’s daily life in his book titled The Process of Living. The book contains 73 pages and is divided into three parts.

The book starts with a brief introduction that describes a new method called The Process. It consists of three simple components: Thoughts, Feelings, and Actions. How these three components interact defines the true quality of human life on Earth. Part One explains the critical role of the subconscious mind in transmitting and receiving signals outside the human body. The subconscious mind gets messages from feelings produced by thought patterns. So, life is not controlled by what happens on the outside but by The Process. In Part Two, the author discusses visualization and how to implement it in our daily life. Finally, he addresses practical steps in living The Process daily in Part Three. Read up on this book to learn more and break limitations to achieving your dreams.

The book is straightforward and simple to read. The author employed the use of colorful images to explain his points per chapter. I liked how he included life experiences both from himself and other notable people; It gave the book a personal feel.

The Process is a simple philosophy. However, if mastered, it will help make minor adjustments to the reader’s life. These adjustments can create significant changes that will impact one’s existence. I liked how he included workable action plans of consciously living by the principle of The Process. The book is thought-provoking. It takes readers into a place of introspection and self-awareness. It teaches how to access your life from a consultant’s viewpoint. You start to question your old beliefs. I like his approach to the difficulties of changing the old way of life. It’s going to be challenging, but it is possible.

My only complaint is that the book is repetitive. I, however, understand the writer was striving for emphasis.

I liked how the author added a touch of humor to capture his reader’s attention. Also, He did good background work before writing the book. Besides, it was well edited because I noticed only one grammatical error. Therefore, I am rating the book 4 out of 4 stars because it is very educative. The book explained how to translate thought processes into pictorial views to enhance feelings.

I recommend the book to people seeking to take control of their life and achieve their dreams. The ideas expressed, if practiced, might be the stepping stone that turns one's dreams into reality.

The Process of Living
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

Very insightful review. It sounds like the author did a good job of clearly articulating his ideas
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like the simplicity and directness of the messages that the book brings.
ej_author
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ej-author.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by ej_author »

This sounds like an interesting philosophy to consider; it's good to hear that the author was able to thoroughly communicate it in an engaging way!
"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader." --Robert Frost
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

This sounds like an interesting self-help book for those interested in making changes in their lives. I like that the author included colorful pictures to enhance his subject. I am not in the market for a self-help book but thanks for the insightful review!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Wayne Njoroge
Favorite Book: The Dark Web Murders
Currently Reading: Bloody Redemption
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wayne-njoroge.html
Latest Review: Because He Loved Us by Sharon Williams

Post by Wayne Njoroge »

This looks to be an interesting self help book. Thank you for the review.
Fleurine_t92
Currently Reading: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fleurine-t92.html

Post by Fleurine_t92 »

An interesting self motivation book. It may be non fiction for someone who achieve the goal. For me it's fiction. Because how much I thoughts, have deep feelings that I can done well and take action to become reality. But I failed not because of me only because of my luck and fate failure over me. I really like your review it fulfill my wish to read the whole book. If I read it fully, I will cried out loud for sure.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Laney K »

This seems interesting. Thoughts do play a large part on our lives, seems like the author had a lot of easy to understand ideas about that.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I like how the author tried plainly explain something very complicated. However, I'm very picky when it comes to self-help books. This doesn't sound like a book for me. Great review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 757
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Life at the Precipice by R.F. Vincent

Post by Bertha Jackson »

A self-help book that focuses on a simple process involving your thoughts, feelings, and actions. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Meryem Fontes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meryem-fontes.html
Latest Review: Living Forward After Loss by Kathleen Ho

Post by Meryem Fontes »

I particularly enjoyed the part where the author explains "The Process", a method contained in the book. I don't want to give any spoilers, but I particularly loved it when he explains about visualization in this method.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

A method based on thoughts, feelings, and actions. It addresses the gap between one's thought process and one's reality. It seems like a straightforward read that can help the reader change for the better and be more focused to achieve life goals.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Why in the World Are We Here?
Bookshelf Size: 2400
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I liked how the author added a touch of humor to capture his reader’s attention. Also, He did good background work before writing the book.
I appreciate a little humor. But the topic seems hardly original. From what I can gather, it is the same idea of envisioning the life you want that self-help books have repeated over and over again. But I might be wrong.
Thank you for your concise review.
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

This book appears to be educative and easy to understand. This could be helpful to anyone who wishes to improve the quality of their life. Thanks for the concise review.
Joseph Dunn
Currently Reading: The Paris mysteries
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-dunn.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Joseph Dunn »

I am a big fan of material that explores the subconscious and its role in our daily lives. I'll be adding this short read to my list - great review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”