Official Review: Your Divine Tapestry by Marcus C White

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Caroline Anne Richmond
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Little Book of Bad Intentions
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-anne-richmond.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Official Review: Your Divine Tapestry by Marcus C White

Post by Caroline Anne Richmond »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Your Divine Tapestry" by Marcus C White.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Your Divine Tapestry is a Christian self-help book written by Marcus C. White. He sets out to inspire his readers to improve their lives by explaining all the treasures God has placed within us. He explains that the world and the universe are expressions of the artistic creations of God, and this perfect tapestry is similar to the hand-woven design of man, created in God’s image.

Each one of us is God’s treasure, and no one is the same. The book discusses how we can dig our mine to discover and release these treasures, to shine brightly and inspire others. First and foremost, the author states we must embrace God and walk with him every day. Following this, we must discover who we are and what we desire the most in life. By knowing what we love to do should create a path to what we should be doing.

Our treasures include creativity, desires, hopes, dreams, passions, needs, and wants. By incorporating dedication and motivation into our lives, we can strive to live our best life and become successful at reaching our goals. It is essential to embrace all our faults and peculiarities, as these are what make us unique. Also, we should take some risks. Without risks, we can end up empty and full of regret and not realise our potential. By accepting mediocrity, we will never be challenged and will be bored. The book offers many relevant parables, Bible scripture, and personal examples to reinforce the points about knowing the desires in your heart and going after them.

I enjoyed the many personal stories and analogies the author has included in the book to solidify a theme. I especially liked the description of an ant. Nobody oversees or motivates this hard-working creature, but every day the ant works hard to make things happen. We should take inspiration from these tiny creatures who achieve incredible things every day and never become lazy. The parable of the talents expresses that being afraid of your capabilities is a waste and a loss of opportunity to achieve. I enjoyed how the author has used a variety of methods to express his ideas. They help to lighten the heavy religious content and Bible extracts.

I found some of the Bible extracts and examples interesting. The author states we should be bold and slay any giants that stand in our way. Apt examples from the Bible are incorporated here, such as Moses rising against the Pharos and David going after the great giant Goliath. Whether or not a reader believes in these Bible stories, they are still splendid examples of courage and doing what is right.

The author added content that resonated with me. He mentioned how sometimes the path to happiness and joy is hard, and it may come with some risks and failures. We have to learn to dust ourselves off and keep trying. I also like the idea that we are all flawed perfectly, making us all unique. We should dismiss negative words or opinions that discourage us. We should let our individuality shine through and allow it to help others.

There is a plethora of religious content in the book, which was a little too much for me. I found some repetition in the book, and I believe the book could be more concise without it. In parts, the overuse of scripture and the importance of Christian faith became tedious for me but may appeal to a more dedicated Christian reader.

I didn’t find any spelling or grammar mistakes within the book, so I believe it is exceptionally edited. I enjoyed the messages in the book, and it is inspirational material to uncover the greatness everyone holds inside themselves. I found the personal insights and analogies clever and captivating, but I found the religious content a little overbearing in parts. With all things considered, I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars as it is a powerful and inspiring read suitable for adult Christian readers.

Your Divine Tapestry
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pallavi Lakra
Currently Reading: Apotheosis Now
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Pallavi Lakra »

I personally love reading self-help books and the inculcation of biblical use would help me in understanding where the author gets his inspiration from. This would be an interesting read. Thanks for the honest review.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

I am not big on self-help books unless it is an area I need help in, lol. This sounds like a very interesting book, sorry that it didn't completely resonate well with you. Thank you for a great review.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

This sounds like it would be encouraging for some people. I’m glad the author presents examples along the way for people to better understand. Thanks for the great review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”