Official Review: God's Awesome Plan by Don Sheaffer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jennifer Aldo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-aldo.html
Latest Review: War Tower by Joseph Leo DeCelle

Official Review: God's Awesome Plan by Don Sheaffer

Post by Jennifer Aldo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "God's Awesome Plan" by Don Sheaffer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

God's Awesome Plan by Don Sheaffer is a religious book that talks about God and his plan for his creation and mankind in general. The plan is set in the Holy Bible and his promises and covenants to each of us are secured in the text. He creates the plan and offers it according to grace. We must accept the offer if we expect to be included in His Kingdom. Also, we must believe that God exists and also believe in the resurrection of his Son, Jesus Christ.

A compelling part of the book was the way the author broke down the mysteries involving the creation of the Universe into smaller bits for easier comprehension. The book in its entirety was educational as I learned a lot of mind-blowing facts I had no idea of despite my years of being a Christian.
I loved that the author backed up his research and findings with biblical scriptures in an amazing way to prove the authenticity of everything written in his book. Also, the subplot about the description of God's plan as narrated in the Bible and the clarification of the spiritual and physical realms was a magnificent read.

Another striking part about the book was the authors' fitting description of the promises that come with having faith in the principles of the church and believing that God sent his son down to earth to die for our sins and give us the gift of eternal life. This was what I liked most about the book.

A sour part of the book for me was a portrayal of the unbelievers with a profane word. I felt that action would have discouraged any unbeliever or atheist that had an interest in reading the book and turning a new leaf. A better depiction of the unbelievers would have been appropriate as it would have made the book flow seamlessly to any reader of any religion without having to feel insulted in the slighted bit. This was what I disliked most about the book.

Notwithstanding, the book was an incredible read, it was exceptionally well edited as I could find no grammatical error in the entire book. Owing to the blunder-free nature of the book, the enthralling narrative, and impactful teaching, I would rate God's Awesome Plan by Don Sheaffer 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend the book to believers of the Jewish and Christian faith, as well as lovers and fanatics of religious works.

God's Awesome Plan
View: on Bookshelves
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

This does sound like an interesting read! I hate that the author mentioned unbelievers in a way that would be a turn-off. Thank you for an informative review.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

Thanks for the reading recommendation and for the good review.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

cd20 wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 14:15 This does sound like an interesting read! I hate that the author mentioned unbelievers in a way that would be a turn-off. Thank you for an informative review.
I share your opinion. It would be logical to address unbelievers in a way that would encourage them to reconsider their views on religion and God.
Kathy Conforti
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kathy Conforti »

Your wonderful and informative review definitely makes me want to read this book. Thank you.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”