Official Review: WALK TALL - create your own self-confide...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daphne-asir.html
Latest Review: WALK TALL - create your own self-confidence by Ki Is Your Host

Official Review: WALK TALL - create your own self-confide...

Post by daphne_asir »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "WALK TALL - create your own self-confidence" by Ki Is Your Host.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Walk tall - create your own self-confidence by 'Ki Is Your Host' is a guide to help the reader gain confidence and walk tall in all aspects of life. It takes on daunting situations that we often face and points out how our thoughts affect our actions. The author starts at the very beginning of the journey by dealing with the removal of unhelpful things before moving on to the much more nuanced aspects of gaining self-confidence. It provides a practical guide; walking the reader through identifying the problem, understanding why it is a problem and proceeds to explain the ways to overcome it.

The book comes with several endorsements along with bits and pieces of the author's own experiences. The author seems to know what she is talking about, given the varied experiences that are cited in the book itself. It also deals with a lot of new concepts like the confidence stairs. Sprinkled with bits of wisdom from Albert Einstein, the book presents itself as a way of attaining self-confidence.

I liked how the book was almost like an activity book. It is designed in such a way that the reader can follow along with a pen and paper and at the end, figure out exactly what needs to be done. The author has provided several images that effectively illustrate the concepts dealt with, further reinforcing the ideas. The book doesn't state any rules. Instead, it provides guidelines that can be followed and tweaked as necessary to suit a person's unique situation. The author also provides examples of real-life scenarios where the principles can be applied.

The only thing I disliked about the book was that it seemed to be repetitive. Apart from this, the ideas seemed to be a little generalized, although generalization is inevitable when dealing with such a big issue, and the author does provide examples of how it can be personalized.

I rate Walk tall - create your own self-confidence three out of four stars because despite being a very good self-help guide, it does have the flaws mentioned above. The book is extremely motivating and inspiring. It seems to be professionally edited and stays away from profanity and religious beliefs. I recommend this book to anyone who is looking to improve their confidence, whether they are just starting with this journey or are looking to improve their confidence further, as the book deals with every step of the way.

WALK TALL - create your own self-confidence
View: on Bookshelves
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
Shirley Jackson
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

I like that the author doesn't impose his beliefs on readers but provides guidelines that they can adopt to improve their situation. Many who are facing difficult situations will benefit from this book.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

A book that teaches the author to develop self-confidence is one I would love to read. Thanks for the great review.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I appreciate that the author provides ideas on how to overcome problems. It sounds more practical. Thanks for the great review
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Now I'm interested in finding out more about the confidence stairs! Thank you for your recommendation. :balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”