Official Review: Coach Mom Top College Admission Playbook

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Official Review: Coach Mom Top College Admission Playbook

Post by Okafor Prosper »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Coach Mom Top College Admission Playbook" by Elizabeth Gardner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Each year top colleges receive tens of thousands of applications with high grades and standardized test scores. How do they choose?" - Page 1.

The quote above presents a relevant, thought-provoking question for people seeking admission to top colleges in the United States of America. There are a lot of things to consider, and we can make many mistakes if we are not well versed in the application process to these top schools. Elizabeth Gardner, an award-winning author and a mother of three teenagers admitted into top colleges, has provided us with a guide to help us through the A to Z of applying and getting accepted into a top school of our choice.

Elizabeth Gardner's passion for assisting readers in the same way she guided her three children is evident from the first page, and it will keep readers engaged throughout. Interestingly, according to the author, the application process starts as early as the middle school level since there are a lot of preparations that lay the foundation for a successful application when the time comes. It sounds like a daunting task, but the author's tone and level of detail included in her lessons make things as clear and simple as possible. Elizabeth Gardner mostly employs step-by-step lists for each aspect of the application process. I particularly found her lessons on authenticity and finding your niche early on helpful and insightful, while she constantly emphasized the significance of standing out by showing what makes you different.

Coming from a family with limited resources, especially financially, Elizabeth Gardner shows how this aspect was not a barrier by extensively discussing the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) and other means that we can employ in overcoming this challenge. A lot of people give up during these applications when they consider the cost implications after gaining admission, but the author's lessons have me feeling like this is not even a big issue when you have the right information.

Another outstanding aspect of the book is the author sharing glimpses of her journey with her children from middle school and through their application process. We get to see how they went through several challenges and how she learned many of the lessons included here, including handling mistakes made after submitting your application. I found this aspect of the book relatable, and it even made the book more practical, as I witnessed the application of all of her lessons.

I found just one error while reading, so the book was professionally edited. There was nothing I disliked about the book. Therefore, the book deserves a maximum rating of four out of four. Readers who hope to apply and get admitted into top colleges will definitely benefit from this guide.

Coach Mom Top College Admission Playbook
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

A book that guides applicants rightly in their quest to gain admission into top universities in the USA is quite helpful. Applicants for these scholarship opportunities should make good use of this material. Great review.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I’m glad the author specifically points out how finances should not limit a student. It sounds like she’s full of passion and I hope other parents and students themselves can listen to her advice.
Humeyra Karakas
Currently Reading: How children learn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humeyra-karakas.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Humeyra Karakas »

It is never too early to start planning on college applications. I will definitely read this one. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”