Official Review: Project Zeus by Michael C. Emmert

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Official Review: Project Zeus by Michael C. Emmert

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Project Zeus" by Michael C. Emmert.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The only way of knowing whether someone knows something is to tell him. That sounds pretty paradoxical. But that is the basic formation of Michael C. Emmert's consciousness in Project Zeus. Mike's concern is to get the dangers of nuclear explosives known to the necessary authorities and concerned individuals. To do this, he takes up research on the possibility of locating these explosive elements and notifying the agencies in charge of its security. To achieve this, he writes to many governments, presidents, parks, physicists, among others. But the journey is not as easy as we think. He encounters numerous rejections, denials, cost inefficiencies, etc. The question is, will Mike sail through in this stride? Are his claims about explosions empirical? We shall find out from Project Zeus.

I am thrilled by the detailed analysis that Mike does in his project. It makes this work quite comprehensible to any research-loving person. One of such credits is in the detailed explanation of the concepts of the project. Any research into such neo-fields of discovery as nuclear explosions has to give a vivid explanation of the ideas if the reader must appreciate it. Of course, Mike did justice to that.

Another subject of interest here is the gross demonstration of the relevance of the research. As much as so many scientists are swimming into various forms of research, it is pertinent to stress the significance of the study. At times, we find that research that affects human existence, both negatively or positively, can not be deciphered. But Project Zeus is not one of such. This book leaves the reader conscious of the chemical elements around them.

On a negative note, the disdainful attack on some societal figures in the book is not worth it. As much as Mike wants to express his dissatisfaction with the Israeli president or a particular religious doctrine, his choice of words remains derogatory and insightful. One is not meant to agree with everybody or religion — that is quite understandable. But it doesn't warrant the use of demeaning words as Mike uses on the Israeli president and the leadership of a particular religion. It makes this work a protest fiction and an attack on human figures and religious beliefs rather than research.

One more thing I noticed in this work was the over-anxiety in the subject. This book's chapters were dedicated to tackling nuclear explosions — Uranium-234, Protactinium-231, and Thorium-230. It made the work overloaded and gruesome. I understand the nature of the subject; it requires critical research, observation, experiment, and defense. However, it didn't make complete sense how every story of Mike should revolve around a nuclear explosion. I was a bit relieved to find some childhood stories of his readings and drawings, but the joy was short-lived. I discovered that the end of the stories will still bounce back to nuclear or any other explosion. I began to wonder if all he lived for was to tackle atomic blasts.

I encountered a few errors in the book; they weren't enough to cause any upset. However, considering the issues I raised in the last two paragraphs, I'd rate it 3 out of 4 stars.

As a good research work on the effects of some naturally occurring elements, this book is recommended to every student and teacher of physics and chemical elements. Of course, members of the military and security personnel will find this book enlightening.

Project Zeus
View: on Bookshelves
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 814
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

It's commendable that the author has managed to make this complex topic accessible to the average reader. The detailed research employed is another good thing. But the book seems to be peddling a conspiracy theory because of it's paranoid nature and the inclination to defame certain individuals and religions.
Thanks for this thorough and informative review.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”