Review of Care and Feeding of the Aging Human Male Species

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Review of Care and Feeding of the Aging Human Male Species

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Care and Feeding of the Aging Human Male Species" by Irene Shere.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Care & Feeding of the Aging Human Male Species by Irene Shere takes a humorous look at the aging process. The author takes a very candid look at issues women face with the aging men in their lives. No topic is off limits. Shere discusses finances, typical arguments, sex and many more topics. There is a glossary at the end of the book to explain many of the terms created by the author and used throughout the book. For example, the term ‘AHMales’ refers to ‘Aging Human Males.’ It is used frequently in the book. Shere explores common complaints about husbands as they grow older and ways to resolve common issues.

In addition to discussing common issues and arguments between aging couples, Shere stresses the importance of ‘PODs’ or ‘Precious Old Dames.’ This refers to a woman’s inner circle of friends and confidantes. They understand and can sympathize with common concerns. They also form an important support system for women as they grow older. In addition to commiserating when things are bad, they rejoice when things are good. The author emphasizes the importance of ‘Pee POD Poise Parties.’ These are parties with your PODs that make you laugh so hard you pee your pants. You know you are surrounded by good friends when they can make you laugh at life and the common issues all women face.

I enjoyed reading this book. It took serious problems about aging and created light-hearted resolutions. It also stressed the importance of friends and embracing the aging process. As we get older, new and unique problems arise and it is important to know that we are not alone in experiencing these problems in our lives. So many of the issues addressed in the book are common for most people when they reach a certain age. Although the advice is light-hearted and humorous, it is realistic and helpful. What I liked most about this book is the candid advice from the author. There was nothing I disliked. With the wide range of topics, it has something for everyone who is concerned about issues related to aging.

Shere included sensitive topics about sex and intimate relationships that will be helpful to many readers who have difficulty discussing these types of topics. She includes sample scenarios and discussions between couples that are also very helpful in illustrating how to approach discussing sensitive issues with your husband or significant other. Shere includes input from two other women with big personalities to show other perspectives on common issues. Helen take a softer approach to issues and Rae Jean is sassy and boisterous. The mesh of the three personalities is entertaining throughout the book.

I only saw a few minor errors in the book, so I believe it was professionally edited. I highly recommend this book to women who are experiencing difficulties with the aging process, especially regarding the men in their lives. This book shows common concerns that are universal and can provide a light-hearted escape and beneficial advice for resolving problems. The author’s writing style is like talking to an old friend. Also, the topics for each chapter are clearly identified, so readers can jump to the topics they are most interested in reading. I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. It is a very entertaining and enjoyable book.

Care and Feeding of the Aging Human Male Species
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

It offers a lot of issues and humorous but applicable solution and that's really good. I think everyone needs PODs to feel happy and share their emotions. Thank you for a great review!
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I laughed throughout your review. Thanks for it since it was light and encouraging. This book sounds like a rave! The author seems to have guts to spill, good for her! Thanks for a wonderful review!
Qazwert
Currently Reading: Heart of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qazwert.html
Latest Review: Faults by Orion Gregory
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Qazwert »

This is an interesting book. A book suitable for a light reading discuss an issues regarding aged. As we all eventually aged with time. Also seem it will be a lot of humorous issues and hoping for the reader to have a fun experience while reading the book.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

My husband is not that old but I'm about to read this book just because you make it sound hilarious 🤣. All jokes aside, I think aging women might feel more comfortable addressing some issues with a light-hearted read like this one.
Thank you for your review!
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an interesting educational non-fiction book in which the author takes a very candid look at issues women face with the aging men in their lives. The book is temporarily discounted on Amazon Kindle and has a unique OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD selection.
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 351

Post by Tars »

I really like the concept of this book, there is nothing wrong in my opinion in talking about serious problems in a light and easy way, while offering sage advice and helpful information. Congratulations on the BOTD are very well deserved!
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A humor-filled book "Care and Feeding of the Aging Human Male Species" by Irene Shere, takes the aging process of males and its effect on their wives in a funny way. I love to read such humor-filled books.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Timothy Rucinski
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Captive
Bookshelf Size: 610
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Socratic Contract by D C Russell
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

Although I'm not the targeted audience for this book, I can attest, from what I read, that it's hysterical! Congratulations to Ms. Shere on a job well done and on being awarded BOTD.
Stephen Ikimi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-ikimi.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Stephen Ikimi »

Wonderful. This is book that focuses as things are in real life. It's in a humurous manner and it's lovely. Very detailed and thorough review. Congratulations. Congratulations for the BOTD
asteel18
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asteel18.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by asteel18 »

What a great idea for a book. At 53 I don't feel super old but advice for some of the more tricky topics would be helpful. My husband is 9 years older than I am so maybe this will give me a heads up for future issues.
-Amy
Dr Chocha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dr-chocha.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Dr Chocha »

Men are not easy to understand because thier behaviors are dynamic. I'm so glad the author chose to highlight themes that can possibly change that perspective including sex. Great review
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

This sounds like a unique and fun book about women snd ageing men in their lives. S must read . Congratulations BOTD !
Elin Grace Vesper
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Elin Grace Vesper »

The book, "Care and Feeding of the Aging Human Male Species," is different from that I've ever read before.

Highlighting the difficulties of aging and men, this brings light to many problems we face as we grow older.
This story is one that touches the heart and one that definitely eases the struggles of a woman. The author not only makes us deeply interested, but also charms us with the humor that seems to lay on every other page of the book.

The story was overall a great, touching and humorous one which I would recommend to any woman struggling men or sex, or simply one struggling because of age.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I think that people are more ready to hear advice when the approach of person giving it is filled with humor. It seems that this book is filled with such a narrative. Great job with the review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”