Review of Connect with Others

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review of Connect with Others

Post by kdstrack »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Connect with Others" by Sandra Christian.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sandra Christian has written three non-fiction books titled the Self-Discovery Series. This series focuses on "how to acquire insight into your character and behavior." In the second book of the series, Connect With Others, she orients readers to the methods helpful for forming positive bonds with people. Relationships, like all things in life, need work. Sandra teaches readers the meaning of relationships and how to build the connections we all long for with family members and work colleagues. In addition, readers learn how body language, cultural sensitivity, and mobile etiquette impact every relationship.

The book contained four sections beginning with the definition of a relationship and why healthy relationships are essential to our emotional wellbeing. Then, referencing the construction of a house as her example, the author teaches readers how to build strong relationships. The remaining sections discuss the foundation, the eight pillars that provide stability, and the roof that offers security. One recurring theme is the need for trust to provide emotional safety, integrity, and confidence in every relationship. After each section, the author urges readers to answer questions or participate in a role-play exercise.

It was the fantastic image on the cover that first attracted me to this book. I also enjoyed the colorful diagrams the author used to reinforce the main points of each section. The visual aids attached to each concept help readers review and relate to the previous lessons and prepare for new material. For example, the diagram of a house appeared several times. This illustration effectively presented the author's concepts and remained a solid visual aid in my mind long after finishing the book. Each section begins with a motivational quote and ends with discussion questions or role-play exercises highlighting each chapter's main points.

Connect With Others reminded me of a PowerPoint presentation. The chapters are brief, concise, and focused, with most sections covering only one page. It disappointed me not to read any personal stories in the book. I was hoping the author would have elaborated on how these concepts had impacted her life.

This book and its format would be an excellent resource for teaching and seminars. The concise wording of each chapter orients the participants to the topic and encourages everyone to share their experiences. On a personal level, this is an educative and motivational book available to readers of all ages interested in improving their relationships at home and work. "It starts with you" (p 59.)

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I only noticed nine minor grammar errors in the book. The author formatted the material in a versatile style that can be read for personal growth or utilized as an educative tool for teaching. I find this material appropriate for adults and children as young as twelve. The book does not contain any profanity or sexual references. This second book of her series works well as a standalone. Readers can begin practicing the technique of connecting by contacting the author through her email, participating in her online academy, joining her mailing list, or signing up to receive personal online coaching.

Connect with Others
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
amitpra1
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by amitpra1 »

In the being of reading this I thought was good or interesting book and I also wanted to reading all Series of these in the middle of being bored I know I didn't read this book yet officially but seems interesting like I read there have diagrams and shows in it. And its also interesting to to reading about relationship that kind of we lost in nowadays. I really like to read this book not because of how famous writer is sorry I don't mean to disrespect you this is such a interesting for adults who have their kids lost there relationship these days maybe this book can help it feels like that when I read this
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

What an interesting read, learning about relationships and togetherness, good review, great book
Ganesh Reddy T
Favorite Book: Connect with Others
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ganesh Reddy T »

We need people in our lives and we're needed too. Who ever felt deeply connected to another person, knows about the high value of such a strong bond- the way it can be empowering, inspiering and fullfilling. But to built and maintain a strong relationship it needs work and effort. In the second book of her 'Self-Discovery Series', Sandra Christian describes, what it needs to built those relationships. She pictures them like building a house, from a safe ground base down to upwards. It gets stable and supported by pillars and secured by a roof on top. Each of those three parts consists of essential components, such as emotional safety, communication, trust, vulnerability, celebrating difference and more. Those are explained further in detail. Sandra repeats and underpins her given knowledge with giving us practical exercises. I like the simplicity of the book, in words and content. It doesn't need much time nor hight psychological understanding to discover that everyone can learn and improve to create stronger relationships in life, no matter if at work place or in privat life. Highly recommented to read.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

I'm particularly interested in learning how body language, cultural sensitivity, and mobile etiquette impact every relationship. But beyond that, I would love to connect more with people and this could be all the help I need. Great review.
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

This is one of those books that I really need.
A lot of people tell me to connect more with other people so I won't feel alienated most of the time.
Thanks for providing a thorough review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

A book on forming positive bonds. Great review written here.
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 489
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

I agree that the cover art and font are attractive. I'm sure this book can serve as a useful guide to help build solid and positive relationships.

Thank you for your thorough review.
:techie-studyingbrown:
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Social relationship and emotional intelligence are an important part of our well-being. It seems like the author did a great job, so thank you for your work!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

amitpra1 wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 04:49 In the being of reading this I thought was good or interesting book and I also wanted to reading all Series of these in the middle of being bored I know I didn't read this book yet officially but seems interesting like I read there have diagrams and shows in it. And its also interesting to to reading about relationship that kind of we lost in nowadays. I really like to read this book not because of how famous writer is sorry I don't mean to disrespect you this is such a interesting for adults who have their kids lost there relationship these days maybe this book can help it feels like that when I read this
This is an exciting and motivating series! I hope you get a chance to enjoy all the author's works. Thanks so much for reading and commenting!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Miriam nkere wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 07:36 What an interesting read, learning about relationships and togetherness, good review, great book
The author has some excellent tips for maintaining healthy relationships. She speaks about relationships at work and within the family. I hope you have a chance to read her work. Thanks for commenting!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Ganesh Reddy T wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 09:01 We need people in our lives and we're needed too. Who ever felt deeply connected to another person, knows about the high value of such a strong bond- the way it can be empowering, inspiering and fullfilling. But to built and maintain a strong relationship it needs work and effort. In the second book of her 'Self-Discovery Series', Sandra Christian describes, what it needs to built those relationships. She pictures them like building a house, from a safe ground base down to upwards. It gets stable and supported by pillars and secured by a roof on top. Each of those three parts consists of essential components, such as emotional safety, communication, trust, vulnerability, celebrating difference and more. Those are explained further in detail. Sandra repeats and underpins her given knowledge with giving us practical exercises. I like the simplicity of the book, in words and content. It doesn't need much time nor hight psychological understanding to discover that everyone can learn and improve to create stronger relationships in life, no matter if at work place or in privat life. Highly recommented to read.
Thanks so much for your thoughtful comments!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

El_limitless wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 10:03 I'm particularly interested in learning how body language, cultural sensitivity, and mobile etiquette impact every relationship. But beyond that, I would love to connect more with people and this could be all the help I need. Great review.
These topics caught my interest, too. We don't realize that we can communicate without using words! Thanks for reading and commenting!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Dzejn_Crvena wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 20:50 This is one of those books that I really need.
A lot of people tell me to connect more with other people so I won't feel alienated most of the time.
Thanks for providing a thorough review.
The author presents many ways to help readers connect with others. The worksheets help one to reflect and adapt strategies to form stronger relationships. Thanks so much for stopping by!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Kennedy NC wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 01:23 A book on forming positive bonds. Great review written here.
The author guides readers to learn how to form positive relationships. The questions at the end of each chapter are helpful to reinforce each lesson. Thanks for your comments!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”