Review of Messages For Graduates

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Messages For Graduates

Post by Kennedy NC »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Messages For Graduates" by Rodney Bond.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Messages For Graduates is a timely book for young people written by Rodney Bond. Insightful and detailed in his approach, the author communicates his ideas to his target audience and gives them general advice and guidance. Rodney Bond admitted that this book was a medium through which he passed on some of the knowledge and wisdom he gleaned through education and life experiences. It goes without saying that readers will be exposed to a goldmine of nuggets and ideas!

This book highlights the importance of one's personal decisions. According to the author, everyone is creating one's unique universe. The decisions one makes is what shapes this universe. He encourages us to be philosophers. Readers are encouraged to be people who ask why and who seek to understand themselves more than anything else, as well as take lessons from their past to help them in their future.

This book has a lot of positive aspects. Firstly, the approach adopted by Bond is unique, as he uses theories of physics and science to pass his message across. For example, we are introduced to the "Uncertainty Principle" by Werner Heisenberg in chapter five. The author likens this principle, in part, to man's possession of a free will. While this approach may present a challenge to readers who are not versed in the sciences, the author does his best to explain these scientific terms and principles in a way readers will easily understand.

Another positive point in favour of this book is the chapter that shares lines of poems from his favourite poetry book, One Hundred and One Famous Poems. Being a great lover of poetry myself, I immensely enjoyed the contents of this chapter. Scientific and secular support are also given for the existence of God and the Bible in this book.

The only negative point that smeared such a glowing review is that I found more than ten errors in this book. I, therefore, urge that the book should go through another round of editing. Because of this solitary point, I am compelled to deduct a star from my rating. Therefore, I rate Messages for Graduates 3 out of 4 stars. I did not give this book a lower rating because of all the positive points listed above. I recommend this book to all who desire to glean key insights and ideas to help them make crucial life decisions. In particular, I recommend it to young people worldwide, who do not wish to make decisions that they will later regret.

Messages For Graduates
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

It’s great when a book makes readers think and reconsider. That is exactly the case here. Thanks for the good review.
Bruhan Kyomuhendo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bruhan Kyomuhendo »

Thank you for the review. Many young people end up making mistakes having failed to get good guidance that is in a book like this.
Shreeya Tambe
Currently Reading: The MISOGI Method
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreeya-tambe.html
Latest Review: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France by Michael C. Higgins, PhD

Post by Shreeya Tambe »

This is really a well written review. Today's youth need to read something like this :)
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

This is a timely book indeed!
This month marks the graduation period of students in my country.
Might recommend this book for them.
Thanks for your review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

I would love to read this book. Its positive vibes already leak out through your review. Thanks for such a great review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

Sounds like a great book for graduates. Hopefully, the author will take care of the grammatical errors so that the book can truly shine. Thank you for an informative review.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

Thank you for the good and honest review. I would love to read this after the book has gone through another round of editing. It seems like a really good book.
Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Reader-247 »

What an invigorating review for an interesting book. Thank you:)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”