Review of I'm Loving My Age

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Review of I'm Loving My Age

Post by El_limitless »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I'm Loving My Age" by Andrea Clarke Pratt.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It is sadly the case in today's society that discussions about the elderly, how or how not to treat them rarely ever come up in our everyday conversation. We are mostly concerned about school, business, relationship, adventure and other such discussions that hardly ever involve the welfare of the elderly. In the book I'm Loving My Age by Andrea Clarke Pratt, the author expresses the dissatisfaction of older adults with how society treats them.

The book is Christian fiction. It is also a self-help book. It centres on the themes of ageism and self-worth. In the book, the author expressed the feelings of the elderly to how society treats them when they become old. She highlighted the mistreatment the aged endure, and she equally shared principles the elderly can apply to have a blissful old age. What are these principles? Find out by reading this exceptional book.

The book has a lot of positive aspects. I loved that the author chose to write on a topic that is hardly ever visited. I also loved that her points were clearly and concisely stated. I love that she gave the reader a piece of the mind of older adults. Through the short stories at the beginning of some chapters, she let the reader know how the elderly feel about how society treats them.

I found nothing to dislike about the book. It is concise and precisely highlights the issues of the elderly in today's society. It also suggests how to deal with these issues.

The book is exceptionally well-edited. I found no spelling or grammar error in it. Consequently, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I did not give this book a lower rating because the author's writing style is remarkable. Her diction was simple, and the principles contained in the book were easy to understand. The principles are equally very practicable.

I recommend the book to elderly people in all parts of the world as the issues highlighted are universally obtainable. I also recommend it to readers who wish to discover the right way to treat the elderly in society.

The book contains a lot of religious words. The author referred to different chapters and verses of the Bible to buttress her points. She also used Bible characters as examples of people with similar experiences with the elderly in today's society. Thus, while readers of other religion may glean some messages from the book, it is best suited for Christian readers.

I'm Loving My Age
View: on Bookshelves
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

A very nice review and a beautiful topic is chosen by the author. I am eager to read it. The life of elderly people and the emotional turmoil they go through is perfectly depicted.
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-osmond.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Post by Mercy Osmond »

I agree with the author about how the society treat the aged. I think this book will educate individuals on how they treat the aged. Thanks for the insightful review.
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

Very good review true true the aged has always been mistreated, its an eye opener on how to treat then because we will all age
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

Honestly, the Christian religious element is a turn-off for me but the growing elderly population requires a change in our society's mindset. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

I like that the author shed light on the mistreatment of the elderly and provided tips for younger people to use in their interactions with them. I think this will be a good book for anyone because we will all grow old.
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

I love my age is beautiful title for the book. I hope that elders are treated better and given proper care which they deserve. Than you for a great review!
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

Unfortunately, ageism does run rampant in our society: discussions regarding the elderly and our interactions with them aren't common because it is assumed that the cookie-cutter treatment that's been doled out to our elders in the past is not only convenient but right . I hope people read this book and consider how to stop dehumanizing others as they get older. Thanks for your review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Fiction and self-help? That sounds quite intriguing. I'll look into it further. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Joyful17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog by Daniel Tierney

Post by Joyful17 »

I'd rather spend my time on practical books. I believe this book will do our elder ones some good. Thanks for your recommendation
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I live with my old folks, three of them, aged 87 to 93. That doesn't mean I can't learn to appreciate them more. "Tolerance" is only the absolute minimum we can do for them. Remember we will get there one day. And time flies.
Ronna Lambojon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ronna Lambojon »

The author has written a lovely review with a lovely topic. I'm looking forward to reading it. The lives of elderly people, as well as the mental upheaval they face, are well shown.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

It is great of the author to choose an educational topic like this and bring it to light. I hope people can get this book so that they know better how to or how not to treat older adults. Thanks for putting up a lovely review!
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

As @Miriam Molina said, we will (hopefully) get there one day.

This is a great opportunity to put the golden rule into practice. Thank you for your thoughtful review.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Society honestly needs to do better when it comes to the aged and frail. Thanks for an awesome review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”