Review of I'm not famous but I made it psalms 23 edition

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Review of I'm not famous but I made it psalms 23 edition

Post by Standor5865 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I'm not famous but I made it psalms 23 edition" by Mike Mathis.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I'm Not Famous But I Made It! Psalms 23 Edition by Mike Mathis is a book that will guide readers' personal steps towards understanding their purpose. Coming from a rough environment, initially without a father figure and turning to the streets when things were tough financially, Mike Mathis found himself as far away from God as he could possibly be. Eventually, he finds himself at the wrong place at the wrong time and is arrested and sentenced for almost a decade for a robbery. Just before he is sentenced, he has a divine encounter and gives his life to God. This would mark the beginning of his journey towards finding his purpose and faith and overcoming trying times.

I was certainly touched by the author letting me into deep parts of his life and found his story helpful and relatable. I also appreciate him taking his time to point out important lessons God showed him along the way. In just a few words, Mike Mathis' story is a classic example of the quotes, "Your past doesn't define you" and "God lets everything happen for a reason; it's all a learning process, and you have to go from one level to another." Not only did I find his story inspirational, as I hope to develop and maintain a personal relationship with God, seeing all he went through and where he got to reaffirmed my belief in enduring suffering to become an empath and its significance.

The author's ability to draw people in with his words, which he discovered later in the story, is fully on display in this story. This was my favorite aspect of his story, as it was fascinating and central to him finding his purpose through God. I watched him go from developing a relationship with his godparents and teaching kids about decisions and their impact to conquering the threats on his life and his fear of being physically or sexually assaulted in jail while positively touching the lives of his fellow inmates by speaking to them. The author also shows his unique way of thinking that I found intriguing, especially with how he could peek into a person's mind from how they played chess and his thoughts on institutionalization in prison.

I'm Not Famous But I Made It! Psalms 23 Edition is a well-edited book, overall, as I found just one error while reading. However, I didn't like that there were a few unnecessary empty pages in the middle of different chapters. I read the book on Kindle, and the format there is not properly organized, as the words were written on half of each page.

All things considered, the lessons in the author's story will be beneficial in bringing readers closer to God and helping them find their purpose. The issue I discussed above means that I will settle for rating this book 3 out of 4 stars. If the book's formatting can be corrected, it will easily earn the maximum rating. Readers interested in self-improvement books and looking to enhance their relationship with God will enjoy this book. If you enjoy autobiographies, Mike Mathis' outstanding storytelling will keep you completely engaged throughout.

"In life, you may be faced with a really difficult decision. If you follow God’s peace, even though you may not understand, you always will get the best solution, even if God’s peace leads you through the valley of the shadow of death." - Page 158.

I'm not famous but I made it psalms 23 edition
View: on Bookshelves
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

Wonderful review, especially for me since I'm on a journey of self discovery. Finding my purpose is my ultimate goal in life. Must read thank you
Michael Numembi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Michael Numembi »

If you trust in God he will provide and in plenty and he will prepare for you the path which is good and provide you with protection
Deniz_i
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Deniz_i »

I liked the instructive aspect of the book in general. It shows how it is possible to go through great difficulties and still hold on to a purpose while lamenting the smallest thing about our lives. It is very nice that it draws attention to the fact that there is no life without a purpose in human nature, and I liked that life in general is one of us.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”