Review of Finding Faith, Hope, and Love in a Broken World

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abisolalawal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abisolalawal.html
Latest Review: Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts

Review of Finding Faith, Hope, and Love in a Broken World

Post by Abisolalawal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Finding Faith, Hope, and Love in a Broken World" by Yvonne M Morgan.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Faith, hope and love have always been the key focus of the Christian religion. These concepts also are the core teachings of what the new testament of the bible is all about and life itself somehow, is surrounded by these three factors. We live for the hope that we have through faith and eventually dwell in love through it all.

These three things will last forever and that was the theme that attracted me to this book and sincerely, it was a good read. The world is far from God’s perfect intention from the beginning, answering further questions and getting insights about faith, hope and love help in making a positive impact in the world.

Finding Faith, Hope and Love in a Broken World by Vyonne Morgan started with an introduction to how the world became a broken place from the book of Genesis regarding the fall of man and how man began to walk against the intentions of God. However, subsequent chapters made our responsibilities as individuals clearer in that we can bring an effective and the needed change into the world to make it a better place. Though, the author’s focus is that we imitate Christ by exhibiting the love and faith of Christ among others, the use of bible characters as examples in the book also helped in laying the emphasis.

I liked that the book has questions at the end of each chapter and space for answers. Noting down my answers makes the book more practical to me and it helps me go back in some cases to be sure of what I learnt in each chapter. I also like that the book from the start to the finish is an encouragement to everyone because, if we all irrespective of our faith beliefs focus on these three things (faith, hope and love) the world would indeed be a better place.

The author dedicated the last session of this book to explain love and made its principles clear as the greatest of these three thereby, making the last session my favourite part of the whole book.

In summary, this is a very enjoyable and encouraging book. I have nothing to dislike about the book and it was professionally well-edited, therefore, I will give this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to everyone who needs further insight into the concepts of faith, hope and love. Although the book has its various examples from the Bible asides from the author's examples, it is not offensive to the other religion and that makes it a good book for everyone who needs encouragement in this broken world from a religious point of view.

Finding Faith, Hope, and Love in a Broken World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

The prominent themes of love and faith made this book intriguing for me. And having space to write answers to the questions posed there is surely an added advantage. I would surely want to read this one. Thank you for expressing your thoughts so beautifully.
Abisolalawal
Currently Reading:

Post by Abisolalawal »

Aarti Jha wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 09:10 The prominent themes of love and faith made this book intriguing for me. And having space to write answers to the questions posed there is surely an added advantage. I would surely want to read this one. Thank you for expressing your thoughts so beautifully.

I'm glad you look forward to reading it. You'd certainly enjoy reading and learn a lot from the book. Thanks for the compliment!
Brandy_Nyongesa
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandy-nyongesa.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Brandy_Nyongesa »

Love, hope and faith are things that Christianity embraces. Books with questions at the end of each chapter gives the readers something to think about. Great review
Abisolalawal
Currently Reading:

Post by Abisolalawal »

Brandy_Nyongesa wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 11:03 Love, hope and faith are things that Christianity embraces. Books with questions at the end of each chapter gives the readers something to think about. Great review
Thank you

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”