Review of Blood Brother

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of Blood Brother

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Blood Brother" by Susan Keller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Blood Brother: A Memoir was written by Susan Keller. This is a non-fiction book that detailed her journey as a cancer patient. Susan was diagnosed with lymphoma, and she traced that her grandmother also went through this dangerous illness called cancer. To survive, she would need a bone marrow transplant. What would be the role of her brother, Johnny, in her predicament?

I have been in a situation where someone I loved was going through cancer. While I read this book, it seemed to remind me of some events in the past which I had tried to forget. But the good thing about Susan's story was it was relatable for me. Hence, I followed it to the end.

One thing I considered positive about this book was that it was not just about her journey through cancer; it was also the love story about her husband, Dan. In my opinion, Dan was a good man. The author found a way to include the story of her life and her background all in the same story.

Another positive side to this book was that it would be very motivational and encouraging to all cancer patients. For example, I felt the character of Susan would be a model for most cancer patients. Sickness is not as dangerous as the attitude we have towards it. Managing our emotions amid such a troublesome situation was, for me, the core message of this book.

Similarly, I liked that she was well knowledgeable in the areas of health. I found her doing some personal research about some obscure issues. Susan is a character I would like to read all over again. In the face of death, we should not fear.

I could not find anything offensive in this book. In other words, there was nothing I disliked. There were only a few grammatical errors. Hence, it seems professionally edited to me. I think the book was executed correctly. Some pictures of her and Johnny were included in the book. These pictures were clear to the reader. Due to all these, I give this book a resounding 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book, Blood Brother: A Memoir, to those who love reading memoirs. Likewise, if you are a cancer patient and you need a book that will encourage you to fight for your health, then pick up this book. Also, if your relationship or marriage is going through some challenges due to some health issues, I will encourage you to read this book.

Blood Brother
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

A moving review especially on the part that even cancer patients can read to find some motivation. :tiphat:
If the heart is clear, it doesn't matter if there's a storm brewing in the sky.

- Bing Xin.
Millene2004
Currently Reading: Chasing the Red Queen
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-millene2004.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Post by Millene2004 »

This is lovely. I most definitely would want to read the book. Thank you for this review.
Cebo Mollifii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Cebo Mollifii »

Great review, the way this Susan is portrayed got me keen to read this one,she seems kinda brave.thank you
Cebo Mollifii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Cebo Mollifii »

Great review, the way this Susan is portrayed got me keen to read this one,she seems kinda brave.thank you
Humeyra Karakas
Currently Reading: How children learn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humeyra-karakas.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Humeyra Karakas »

I love motivational books like this. I believe many people will relate to the characters in this book as cancer is a very common disease. Great review.
Benaron
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benaron.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Benaron »

This book gives off a motivational, yet sad vibe at the same time; furthermore, it sounds like quite an emotional read, which isn't what I prefer. To those who like emotional rollercoasters, this book could be just the thing.
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

Amazing review, it has prompted me to download and read the book. It is relatable to people who have suffered from this deadly disease called Cancer. Thank you for this review.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

This book will be emotional rollercoaster for me as I'm sensitive reader and get attach to characters quickly. I liked how you reviewed this book and let us know it's a motivational book too. Thank you for the amazing review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”