Review of ADHD can be improved with your bare hands

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Review of ADHD can be improved with your bare hands

Post by J_odoyo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "ADHD can be improved with your bare hands" by Norio Ando.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One of the most common neurodevelopment disorders—affecting children in many countries today—is Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD). People with ADHD are overwhelmed by low activation levels caused by little stimulation, and they cannot control their mental state and tackle the task they are facing. Norio Ando’s ADHD can be improved with your bare hands is a self-help book tailored to help you treat your child with ADHD at home without any tools or medication.

Norio Ando is a former professor of Uekusa-Gakuen University in Chiba, Japan. He is a certificated clinical psychologist with almost 40 years of experience in treating children with developmental disorders, and he is also the author of Emotional Cure for Autism. In ADHD can be improved with your bare hands he shares with his readers the bare-hand methods which are handy in mitigating hyperactivity through relaxed pleasure.

Author Ando explicitly explains three kinds of ADHD, how to identify them, and how they affect children, especially in their learning activities. He explains that the deeper problem with ADHD people is “their strength of the emotional state, which controls their attentional ability.” The author affirms that to solve the problem, one can “mitigate the overwhelming influence on their mental function by eliciting relaxed pleasure.” The book explains about modification of mental state and procedure for producing proper cognitive function. Author Ando explains that people with ADHD need relaxed pleasure; besides, he gives methods for making a cycle of tension raising and relaxation.

ADHD can be improved with your bare hands involves well-illustrated charts that help readers understand the concepts explained in the book, and this was my favorite aspect of this book. The book is also free of jargon—he explains everything in an easy-to-understand way. I have no psychology studies background, yet I didn’t feel like anything in this book was difficult to understand. This book involves fundamental ideas and treatment methods for relaxing hyperactive children—suitable for educational purposes. The author informs every reader that this book is just the broad outlines of the treatment for children with ADHD.

The author also advises his audience to take precautions while applying his methods. He warns his readers about potential risks like joint dislocation (especially shoulders and elbows). The author also included various case studies where his methods have worked as expected—indicating that his treatment methods are effective and reliable. There is a lot to like in this book; however, there are also a few noticeable negatives—there are a handful of typographical and grammatical errors I encountered while reading. The errors were non-distractive, and I would confirm that the book was professionally edited. Moreover, a reader also notices repetition of some points in many chapters. Even though I didn’t have any problem with it, some readers might find it annoying.

My rating for ADHD can be improved with your bare hands is a full 4 out of 4 stars. I liked the content of this book, and I believe its premise is brilliant and invaluable. Giving it a lower rating will be an outright injustice to its content. I recommend this book to parents of children with ADHD. Anyone dealing with ADHD people will benefit from this book, especially elementary school teachers and caregivers.

ADHD can be improved with your bare hands
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

ADHD does indeed affect a vast population and it seems this book sheds light on the disorder. I would like to read it.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

As someone who works with children in a childcare setting. This book looks like it would be helpful for the children I work with. Thanks for the great review. I look forward to going deeper into this book.
Benaron
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benaron.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Benaron »

In a world where doctors are so quick to give medicine, this book can be a lifesaver! I'd much rather help a kid out without pushing medicine down his throat if possible and I'm sure others would want to look for more natural cures as well.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

My father is instructor of specially able childrens. And we don't believe they have disability, we just have faith in God and on their will power and encourage them as they are special and should be treated specially. I liked how to represent you review and would like to read this book with my father. Thank you for the beautiful review.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

I might have to read this book just to learn how his methods might lead to joint dislocation.
Anyssa Amaro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Anyssa Amaro »

Great review for this book. You sum it up very well. Thank you for your review.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

It is great that the author speaks from his rich professional experience. This makes his noble message even stronger.
Bernadette Avelar
Currently Reading: Harvey the Hippo
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bernadette-avelar.html
Latest Review: The Commander by Dan E. Hendrickson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Bernadette Avelar »

I am not a medical officer but I am a parent. I believe in reading and researching to be the absolute best advocate for my child. This book does have four stars however, I would still have more than one opinion about my child’s health rather than only listen to a book or only listen to one doctor. This book brings up valid points regarding ADHD and redirection that can assist.
LICIA20
Currently Reading: Surge
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-licia20.html
Latest Review: Thriving in the Storm by Bill Murphy

Post by LICIA20 »

Thanks for the review. This book will surely be of help to parents and even teachers
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an interesting non-fiction book highlighting effective methods for treating children with ADHD at home without any tools and medication. The book is temporarily free on Amazon Kindle and has a well-written OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD selection.
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

It's such an important and relevant topic yet it's nowhere near as understood and discussed as it should be. I hope parents read this book and realize that suppressing kids, scolding them, etc. does not help in the least. Thank you for your review!
Ify-babe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-babe.html
Latest Review: The Spiritual Game of Golf . . . and of life by Gerald Collier Davis

Post by Ify-babe »

Working in a school has brought me in contact with these type of children. This book will help a lot of parents and teach them on how to see the ability in their children's disability. A wonderful review here. Well-done!
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review. This book will help doctors and families of ADHD people improve the patients' conditions.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

The review is apt. The author explaining a complex how-to steps in an understandable easy-to-read language is a plus. I believe it will be of help to parents and others willing to learn.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”