Review of An MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN Education: Words and Terms for the Educated and Uneducated Used by Cuomo, Cooper,

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of An MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN Education: Words and Terms for the Educated and Uneducated Used by Cuomo, Cooper,

Post by Kennedy NC »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "An MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN Education: Words and Terms for the Educated and Uneducated Used by Cuomo, Cooper, D. Lemon, and M" by Frank Palacio.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

An MSNBC, FOX News, and CNN Education: Words and Terms for the Educated and Uneducated used by Cuomo, Cooper, D. Lemon, and More is a book written by Frank Palacio. This non-fiction book was born out of the author's keen observation of the peculiar words and terms which seemed to be used regularly in news channels and programmes. He decided to compile these words, terms, phrases, and profiles of important hosts and guests from some of these vital news channels into one book.

The book starts with some common words and terms, along with their definitions and examples of how they can be used in a sentence. In this part, the reader will come across words such as anarchy, benchmark, disenfranchise, fealty, and so on. The author also provided a list of proverbs and expressions commonly used in the news and their meanings. He does not fail to list important African Americans and Other hosts and guests from MSNBC, Fox News, CNN, and so on, such as Stacy Abrams, Wolf Blitzer, and Charles Blow. The last part of the book is the most exciting segment. I advise you get a copy of the book to discover what it entails.

Written in simple language, An MSNBC, FOX News, and CNN Education: Words and Terms for the Educated and Uneducated used by Cuomo, Cooper, D. Lemon, and More has many positive aspects. Firstly, I appreciated the effort made by the author to explain keywords and terms used in the news. Only a genuine desire to help readers grapple with the difficulties associated with these terms and their meanings could have informed the writing of this book. I also appreciated the simplicity of diction with which this book was written.

Another positive point in favour of this book is that the author lists important African Americans and Other hosts and guests from MSNBC, Fox News, CNN, and so on, such as Stacy Abrams, Wolf Blitzer, and Charles Blow. Through these profiles, we are able to get a peek into the lives and histories of these influential personalities and glean the insights which made them great. Also, I enjoyed the moderate length of this book.

This book has only one negative aspect, as I discovered a host of errors within it. Hence, it was not professionally edited. This sole point is enough to compel me to deduct a star from my rating. Consequently, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I did not give this book a lower rating because it was still enlightening and enjoyable to read. I recommend it to everyone who seeks to understand better the common terms and phrases employed in the news.

An MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN Education: Words and Terms for the Educated and Uneducated Used by Cuomo, Cooper, D. Lemon, and M
View: on Bookshelves
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think it's great that the author analyzed the words used and even the discourse of certain television channels.
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

The review says the book is non fiction based on a magazine editor, looks interesting. I am reading it because of this review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”