Review of Heaven's Call

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Heaven's Call

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Heaven's Call" by Roger Dawson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Roger Dawson aims at proving the existence of an afterlife in Heaven’s Call. When his son, Zack, dies in Saint Paul, Minnesota, his voices are heard shortly after his death. Zack’s voicemail recordings are accessible to readers online at Dropbox. Dawson provides links at the end of chapter four. With mystical happenings in Roger’s family, a reader may begin questioning the existence of an afterlife. Nonetheless, I began to bend into the idea that it may be true.

Then there are explanations of research done by the CIA, NSA, and US Army on events that are beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding. In the book is pictorial evidence of a visitation by Zack’s or Sean’s spirit. Then the author includes links that authenticate his work. This book requires open-minded individuals who are open to the idea that there is an afterlife. With three generations having extrasensory perception (ESP) and having experienced phenomenal events, Roger Dawson will not back down until he proves the existence of an afterlife.

I enjoyed several aspects of the book. To begin with, the author provided pictorial evidence of his work. The work is systematic and is not confusing. Roger recounts his story from the eldest generation down to the grandchildren. This chronological order helped me to compare any similarity, if any, of the paranormal happenings among the three generations. There’s an aspect of physics in this book. The explanations of mystical science theories were a gripping factor.

There was a sense of fear as I devoured the work. Yet again, there was the suspense of wanting to know what would happen next. With a unique blend of paranormal incidents and science, the book rushes to a satisfying end. Like Zack connected with his beloved family after he died, I would love to do so with my departed loved ones. I find the idea of connecting with departed one pretty horrifying but at the same time thrilling. I’d love to say hello to them once in a while when I miss them.

I detected very few errors; consequently, the publication is well edited. The narrative exceeded my expectations as per the book’s descriptions. With no vulgarity and sexual scenes, I find the installment appropriate to audiences of all ages. However, some readers may not be aroused by the thought of talking to a deceased. Therefore, I recommend this book to readers open to the idea of the possibility of an afterlife. As I did not discover anything to despise, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Heaven's Call
View: on Bookshelves
khan shafi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by khan shafi »

I wouldn't have bothered but you already convinced me in this review that it's worth reading...added to the bookshelf!
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

I like such a resolute and opinionated book about the afterlife. Good job.
VictoriousReader
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriousreader.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by VictoriousReader »

Definitely adding this to my bookshelf. I would like to know the author's ideas about the after life.
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

Am adding this book to my book shelves,the review is convincing and interesting,I would love to know more about Roger Dawson.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Wow. I really enjoyed this review! Love to read some interesting stuff about ideas of afterlife. Adding to my bookshelf for future reading. Thanks for the detailed review
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

This review can make you carry the last penny you have to buy the book!😂. Such a good review. Thank you
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

It is good to know that the author made the book easy to read. I would love to read the book. Good review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”