Review of Jesus Is God

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review of Jesus Is God

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Jesus Is God" by Cary Glenn.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you find the Bible confusing? Do you desire a better understanding of who Jesus is? If so, then this 100-page non-fiction book, Jesus is God: Scripture Proves It by Cary Glenn, is just perfect for you.

The book is written in defense of the point that Jesus is God. Cary Glenn opposes the idea that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are three separate beings. He states that the three are one, citing scriptures like Gen 1:27 and Matthew 28:19. In these passages, singular forms of some words were used to reference the three beings together as against the proper or expected plural forms. He went on to prove that Jesus is the expression of God that humans can see. Also, he reiterates his point that Jesus is God, as seen in John 1:1, where the Bible says the "… the Word was God." He also explained the ministry of Jesus as the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, the author wrote about the necessity of believing the whole Bible and accepting God's offer of salvation. Pick up a copy of this book to know more of the author's points.

The author presented his points straightforwardly and understandably. He included pictorial illustrations of some Bible stories. However, I feel the images did nothing to enhance his points. The Bible verses, except for those on the illustrations, are from the New Living Translation (NLT) version of the Bible.

I love that Glenn wrote about some fundamental Bible truths like salvation and believing in the words of Jesus. He encourages readers to search out the truth for themselves. He gave several pointers on how to study and understand the Bible. This includes reading it in context, knowing how and to whom each verse is written, who is speaking, and the point of the entire paragraph. The book makes you reconsider your beliefs in the light of God's word. The author also wrote about some other religious sects like the Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc. He pointed out some things from their beliefs and teachings. I like the fact that the author was able to defend his statement that Jesus is God from several viewpoints. He explained that God does not share His glory with anyone, but many of God's attributes have been ascribed to Jesus.

There is nothing I dislike about the book. I enjoyed searching the scriptures together with him through the book. The book was also well edited. I found only two errors that did not hinder my reading comprehension.

Therefore, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend the book to people who desire to learn more about Jesus and the relationship between the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Jesus Is God
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

An interpretation of Bible. A review is good. I'm feeling excited to gain much more insights from book. I will read this one.
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

This is a spiritual help book so well detailed and compiled. Jesus is indeed "God". The incorporation of Bible verses to it validated it more. Awesome review you got.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”