Review of The Power of Faith

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review of The Power of Faith

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Power of Faith" by Frank D. Tigue.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Power of Faith is a 16-chapter book that showcased how total surrender to God can bring about ease in one's life. Frank D. Tigue explained the importance of faith in God's plans with this autobiography.

For a long time, Frank had always admired President John F. Kennedy. He had always had this ambition of becoming a lawyer. He prepared and worked tirelessly towards achieving this goal while getting help from family and friends. In the long run, he found out that God had a different plan for him other than being a lawyer. He trusted God and concurred with His will, which took him on a whole different path. Read this book to see how God took charge and brought peace to whoever followed him.

In line with the author's intent, the book passed so many messages and life lessons. At different stages of his life, the author wholly placed his trust and faith in God even when the future looked very bleak. From when he started schooling to when his path was changed, every event only made his faith in God stronger.

The author made use of elements that made this book more enjoyable to read. Most significant is the inclusion of pictures. This inclusion spiced the book up and created a visual image in the reader's mind. The pictures also authenticated the author's story and consolidated them as facts. Next was the excellent and constructive use of descriptive words. These words created a vivid and clear explanation of the book.

Frank's admiration of President John F. Kennedy spurred him on becoming a lawyer, which John F. Kennedy was. He achieved this, and although his achievement cannot be solely accorded to his admiration, it showed that it is advantageous for one to have a role model and an already established person to emulate.

Noteworthy is the involvement of the author's family and friends in his life. The variations on the people the author met showed that human beings are never the same. Some are out to make you, some are enemies of progress, and some are solely meant to be in your life to teach you some things which could be positive or negative. Frank did not fail to acknowledge those that helped him and impacted him positively one time or the other. I admired the moral support given to the author by his father, Floyd William Tigue, and Beulah May Tigue, his mother.

I enjoyed this book, and I wish I can continue writing on and on about it. There is nothing I dislike in the book, as it is excellent, and I appreciate the author for sharing this with the world. Therefore, I rate this book four out of four stars for all these positive reasons and exceptional editing. Just as the author said, this book is a clarion call to society to fully love and rely on God, especially in these times of crisis. I recommend this book to Christians who needs to get the divine direction for their life. Also, teenage readers going through life trials can learn one or two lessons from the book.

The Power of Faith
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Maliha Naveed
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Tales from the Grey Area
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maliha-naveed.html
Latest Review: I Am~The product of the mentally ill lonely monster~My journal by Brandy J Rex

Post by Maliha Naveed »

Loved the review. Yes, Faith is the only thing. I totally agree with the author.
Qer
Currently Reading: Immigrant Hustle
Bookshelf Size: 87

Post by Qer »

Sounds like a really great read, not to mention a timely one. I look forward to reading this book.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

I would love to read this book, it definitely will help in growing my faith. I commend the reviewer for such an amazing review.
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

As someone who has been struggling with my faith lately, this sounds like a book I should definitely read. Thank you for the great review.
Purily Okoth
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Purily Okoth »

The book seems to be having a direct message to people who are almost giving up in life, there is much hope for those who feel that their lives are reaching a dead end... Cheers to the reviewer

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”