Review of Life is this all?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ruth Naomi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-naomi.html
Latest Review: Peace in the Abyss by Tayo Emmanuel

Review of Life is this all?

Post by Ruth Naomi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Life is this all?" by Richard Broadhurst.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life is this all? by Richard Broadhurst is not your typical Christian-themed book. In the beginning, the author indicates that this work can be used for various reasons: anyone looking for the meaning of Christian faith, Christians looking to broaden their knowledge about the Bible, can be a sermon aid for the preachers, it is a reference for those in Bible study groups and those who may want to compare Christianity to other religions.

One thing that challenged me was finding daily quiet time with God. While at it, one should locate a tranquil place without interruption and find time with God to confess sins, praise, and worship Him. Reading the Bible would be a wise move as well. I recalled a verse from Proverbs 9: 10, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." Then the author went deeper to talk about Satan and his agents (demons) and breaks down the characteristics of demons as stipulated in the Bible. This installment is a complete package of inspiration, lessons, spirituality, forgiveness, hope, and many more.

I have to admit I liked this piece for various reasons. Firstly, Richard focuses on what he perceives about the Christian faith. Plus, any question arising about other faiths can best be answered by the people in those religions. Additionally, the book aids even people from a non-Christian background to understand it. The book is full of wise words and hope. The language employed was neutral rather than deeply religious.

Additionally, I didn't know there are consequences of not forgiving others. To name a few, they include blessings being withheld from God, loss of support to and from others, depression, making those who you have not forgiven suffer emotionally, and most importantly, breakdown of relationships. This knowledge was quite informative. I will always keep this information at heart.

The author elucidates his points and then gives citations from the Bible to support his points. While doing so, he lists the book, chapter, and verses. This makes it easier to note down the verses for future reference.

There were no grammatical errors; consequently, the work is exceptionally well edited. The details of the work were broad and wise. I did not find anything to dislike. Therefore, I rate it four out of four stars. Based on my experience with this book, I recommend it to readers looking to broaden their knowledge about Christ and Bible teachings. Also, I found this read a great fit even for non-believers.

Life is this all?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Certainly a book I’ll love to read over and over again! As a Christian there is just so much to gain from this book. Thanks for the review
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

The book is an informative one. I'd love to read it. Good review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Christian book is a my favorite always, beautiful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”