Review of Gospel United

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Coromandel Dreamin' by Ron Murray

Review of Gospel United

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Gospel United" by Betty Lee.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Gospel United was written by Betty Lee. It is a non-fiction book that traces the birth, life, works, and death of Jesus Christ, through extensive use of Scripture. This book concisely summarizes the teachings, parables, and many miracles that Christ performed during his lifetime. The author opened to the reader many frequently overlooked truths in the Bible and shared apt details of a very important aspect of Christianity. The author also discussed the coming of Jesus and the significance of his death and resurrection to the Christian community. In this book, the reader would discover how the author showed the concurrences and similarities in the Gospel books, though written by different men and different accounts of the same events.

Currently, you'll find a lot of controversial beliefs and views on the birth of Jesus, his mission, and his death. In this book, I liked Betty's achievement of giving the reader an in-depth clarity and a subtle reminder of the true reason for the coming of Christ, his death and resurrection.

Reading this book, my eyes were opened to some hidden truths, as in Mathew 10: 34-39, where Jesus, who always preached love amongst all men, stated that, "to carry your cross and follow him, you must dislike your family.” Also, I found some useful translations of events that were not very clear to me before now. Generally, I think this book is a very easy way to have complete knowledge of the life and works of Jesus. For me, this was one aspect I loved so much.

Reading this book, I was displeased that the author did not offer further explanations other than the quoted scriptural references. I thought more explanations would have been better appreciated. The book has more biblical quotes than their explanation. I felt this might not please an average Christian reader since he or she will find those biblical quotes in the Bible. What I sought to look out for was the proper explanation of each of the biblical quotes.

On this basis, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Also, some pages were lacking clarity, as they had lines drawn on them. The author calls them "forged scriptures.” I found just an error in the book, as that did not hinder the book's readability. I concluded that this book was professionally edited.

I recommend this book to Christians as a guide to a better understanding of the Bible. Also, I recommend it to parents as a guide to teaching their children. This book is not recommended to religious people with different views and beliefs of Christ and Christianity.

Gospel United
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

I think this book would be better as a teaching guide for children to the Christian faith as you rightly pointed out. But for an in-depth understanding, I think this book wouldn't serve much as it doesn't elaborate much on verses or quotes from the Bible.
Iqra Rafiq 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iqra-rafiq-1.html
Latest Review: Heroes of Atlantis by Ryan Carriere

Post by Iqra Rafiq 1 »

After reading the review I can infer that this book is more inclined towards the Christianity and people of this religion will find it more moral to read .As I myself am from another religion maybe this one is not for me .thanks for the review .
Recee Ann
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-recee-ann.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Recee Ann »

Parents using this book to teach their children is good but shouldn't be the only way. There are other ways to train a child than using than using the scriptures besides religion doesn't determine our behavior or morals, we make the choices ourselves. It just serves as a guide but it is left to us to choose between good and evil.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

The storyline of this book sounds great, I think I will add this one to my shelf. Great review.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Kind of books I love. Thank you for the review!
Ibrahim Irmiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ibrahim Irmiya »

A very wonderful book i like it, because it content a moral lessons especial on part of my religious.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Christianity books are my favorites, I would really enjoy reading this book, beautiful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”