Review of Say No To Depression

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Courtney Hughes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-hughes.html
Latest Review: Summer in the City by Kevin Phelps

Re: Review of Say No To Depression

Post by Courtney Hughes »

This book sounds incredibly helpful. Reminds me of Lost Connections by Johann Hari. It is also about depression, things that cause it, and how to overcome it! I loved that book and would like to hear another perspective on the topic.
Karim Sherif
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Karim Sherif »

The world is filled with darkness and finding the master that discusses it and talk more about its causes, thats honestly a big achievement. I really enjoyed how the book talks about depression, causes and some symptoms but thats not it! It also tell us the precautions we need to talk in order not to feel depressed.I honestly am interested in this book and this review definitely helped me and alot more people that are interested in this category.Thank you for your recommendation and great effort into putting this book into 1 detailed review.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

ROSEYANN wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 18:18 I enjoyed your review, sufficiently detailed, and loved the tone of your writing!!
Thank you so very much for your kind words of support! I truly appreciate them. 🙏🏽
AvidBibliophile

Omega_01 wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 06:50 Non-fiction books of this kind are worth more than what we can ever think because it deals with issues like depression which Is a very common phenomenon in our society. Thanks for the review.
A very common affliction indeed, so I always appreciate coming across self-help guides like these that can encourage us all to keep moving forward. Shifting our viewpoints can sometimes help immensely. Thank you for the positive feedback! ☀️
AvidBibliophile

Shakur Abdullah wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 08:26 Depression is a constant feeling of sadness and loss of interest, every human being goes through depression and I feel it a great choice. I see a great master piece. Medication do help but am excited there are other ways described in the review. Am looking forward to that.
You’re correct in every way. Depression affects so many millions of people, and we all cope and approach it in different ways, but I love when a book like this comes along to offer a supplemental treatment strategy that involves more than just medication administration. I greatly appreciate your kind words of understanding! 🌟
AvidBibliophile

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 09:00 Depression is a terrible disease, so this guide should provide a lot of help. Great review!
Yes, it most definitely is! The world has shown us how a global pandemic can quickly cause increased feelings of loss and depression worldwide, so I was glad to come across this publication when I did. Thank you! 🌷
AvidBibliophile

onyii_review wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 10:51 Depression has always been a deadly killer. I hope anyone who reads this book will find the hope to be alive again. Amazing review
It’s a silent and chronic killer in so very many ways. It steals joy and hope before it eventually steals our very existence. Thank you for the meaningful words of heartfelt understanding. ⭐️
AvidBibliophile

Olaomo Saheed wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 15:07 Thanks for this book it help a lot, Depression is when everything feels too hard. When you feel so low that things you previously enjoyed no longer hold that same joy. Wellbeing. Mental Health. Like what is going on my country
Sometimes everything feels so so hard. It’s true. Losing a sense of happiness for things previously enjoyed can cause such a sense of despair. It’s hard not to feel all alone. It’s hard to feel like things can or will ever change for the better. Books have the power to help us process things in new ways, but talking and sharing are often the things we need the most. Sending love and light to your country from mine. 🙏🏽⭐️
AvidBibliophile

Muna Chizzy wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 21:02 Depression is a dangerous illness that is affecting our world, which is now resulting to high rate of suicide. I hope those suffering from this issue find great help from this book. Thanks for the informative review.
It’s so incredibly dangerous and heartbreaking, and it sadly steals away so many lives on a daily basis. I’ve seen so many cases of failed and attempted suicides that it often feels like an insurmountable affliction, but all any of us can do is keep trying. I’m glad books like this continue to exist. Thank you. 💙
AvidBibliophile

Chiwelite O wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 07:17 At a time when depression is now more common than usual, this book would be helpful to a lot of people. Thank you for your amazing review.
You are definitely right about that. This global pandemic has absolutely magnified feelings of sadness and loss and confusion around the world for millions of people. I hope this book can help many other souls too. Thank you for the kind words. 🥼
AvidBibliophile

Chantelle Joubert wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 11:25 So so true.. If only everybody is so lucky to get through mental illnesses etc. Although most of the time, People with depression deal with it all by them self, not everyone,Some have a choice,but to far gone to make the right one. I know how it feels to live with depression to live with someone with depression.People please don't let them feel alone.Help them get through it.Show them you're there with them and not judging...
Depression affects us all differently, but it does affect most of us at some point. Like you said, whether through personal struggles or those of a close friend or family member, we see first-hand the detrimental effects of chronic loneliness, grief, pain, and hopelessness. We all must continue to help each other in whatever ways we can. Sometimes a kind word, text, or phone call goes a long way. I hope books like these offer a small sense of comfort and understanding to all of those people out there struggling too. 💙
AvidBibliophile

Courtney Hughes wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 23:26 This book sounds incredibly helpful. Reminds me of Lost Connections by Johann Hari. It is also about depression, things that cause it, and how to overcome it! I loved that book and would like to hear another perspective on the topic.
I haven’t yet read the one by Hari, but I’m sure they likely share many commonalities! Shifting viewpoints and perspectives can sometimes help us discover new daily approaches to healing, so I hope this book finds others who are also in need of a fresh outlook. Thank you for stopping by to check it out! 👋🏽
AvidBibliophile

Karim Sherif wrote: 31 Aug 2021, 09:37 The world is filled with darkness and finding the master that discusses it and talk more about its causes, thats honestly a big achievement. I really enjoyed how the book talks about depression, causes and some symptoms but thats not it! It also tell us the precautions we need to talk in order not to feel depressed.I honestly am interested in this book and this review definitely helped me and alot more people that are interested in this category.Thank you for your recommendation and great effort into putting this book into 1 detailed review.
Well thank you so much for your kind and supportive words! This world is definitely experiencing a great deal of despair and darkness right now, so learning how to approach each day positively can help combat some of the feelings of depression before they ever have a chance to form in the first place. All any of us can do is our best, and some days will be easier than others, but we are not alone in this global struggle to survive. I’m glad books can bring us all together in so many unifying ways! 🌼
Chantelle Joubert
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Chantelle Joubert »

Yes thank you... Its like a silent screen from all the people suffering and not wanting to ask for help. People sometimes forget there are people with illnesses out there. Let our voices be heard 💯
AvidBibliophile

Chantelle Joubert wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 16:16 Yes thank you... Its like a silent screen from all the people suffering and not wanting to ask for help. People sometimes forget there are people with illnesses out there. Let our voices be heard 💯
So very true. There are a lot of us out there that suffer in silence, walking around wounded with invisible hurts and scars, trying to put on a brave face, hoping the next day will somehow be better. Thank you for sharing a meaningful comment. I appreciate it. 🙏🏽

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”