Review of The Bride

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 510
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Review of The Bride

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Bride" by Ron C. Harmon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Bible contains many references to Christ’s return for His bride. For readers who may not know, she is the congregation of believers in Jesus Christ known as the Church. However, the idea of Jesus coming back to retrieve His believers is difficult to understand for people unfamiliar with it. The Bride, written by Ron Harmon, explains the significance of the marriage between Christ and His Church. In addition, Ron compares the traditional Jewish wedding ceremony to the future wedding between Christ and His followers. Even though this book is not long, it packs a powerful punch in its metaphorical analysis.

My favorite part of this title was how crass the author was about calling out religious institutions. I turned away from organized religion and became a non-denominational Christian years ago. As such, I was able to relate to the author’s points about church leaders misleading Christians. Ron also asks readers if they are only listening to what the pastor says about the Bible and not reading it to find answers for themselves. Truthfully, this section of the book makes readers think about their beliefs objectively and without bias.

I also enjoyed learning about the traditional wedding ceremony. I did not know about the preparations that must occur before and after this ceremony, including the proposal, responsibilities of the bride's father, and the seven-day stay in the bridal chamber. Bible verses compare these wedding preparations with those of Christ and the Church. The author's credibility and opinions in this analysis make the idea of Christ and the Church’s marriage easy to understand and study.

There are only two things that I think could be improved. A table of contents was not at the beginning of the book; this made it difficult to know what I would be reading next. The font size was large, which made the paragraphs stick together closer than they should have. The last suggestion is more of a personal preference; readers can still understand the content easily if they have the will to do so.

Sadly, I have to rate The Bride 3 out of 4 stars because there were over ten grammatical errors in the book. Misspelled words and excess spacing were a couple of issues present throughout the book. I did not deduct an additional star because the complaints I mentioned were minor compared to the simplicity and ease of understanding the Church’s role as Christ’s bride. Readers interested in learning about the marriage of Christ and the Church will likely love what this book has to offer. If a reader is not interested or does not believe in Christ, they may not enjoy it as much as a reader who does.

The Bride
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Ifedebby
Currently Reading: B-Side
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Ifedebby »

The bride at first I thought it has to do with husband and wife relationship but when I read it I found out that it has do with Christ and the church is okay having to talk about the second coming of Jesus Christ and creating an awareness that God truly exist.i think I like this book.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

The relationship between Christ and a believer is crucial. We are the bride and he's the groom. This is a good review.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

The church as the bride of Christ has to be prepared for his coming. It will be a sad experience if after all is said and done, we eventually miss Christ on the last day. Thanks for the good review.
Mujittaba M
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mujittaba M »

It teach something about the story of christ
Galley Louis
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Galley Louis »

The church as the bride of Christ has to be prepared for his coming. It will be a sad experience if after all is said and done, we eventually miss Christ on the last day. Thanks for the good review.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Honestly from the title of the book I didn’t see the Christianity talk coming . But from the review, it’s a nice book. Thank you.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I love books about marriage and Christ, I was captivated by the cover of this book, I love to see beautiful brides, beautiful review.
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

Thanks for such a lovely review, I think I will skip this book for now. Though I believe that the majority of Christians will enjoy this book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”