Review of Kill the Coronavirus

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Review of Kill the Coronavirus

Post by Emily_Jen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Kill the Coronavirus" by John Stanley Newell.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Kill the Coronavirus by John Stanley Newell is a book that presents a process that works against the dreaded coronavirus. Newell writes this book to help readers prevent COVID-19 or help them convalesce while recovering. The writer is a coronavirus survivor, so he has some authority on the subject. Sit back and read this book as he reveals what may seem common knowledge. However, common sense is usually uncommon.

The author starts by explaining the coronavirus, its symptoms, how it spreads, preventive measures, etc. He then talks about how secreted mucus is an integral part of keeping our inner surfaces moist and slippery, as well as how the body can only function optimally at a specific thickness and viscosity of the said mucus. The author also explains how detrimental processed foods are and how they react in our body to alter the state of the secreted mucus and create a perfect landing strip for bacterial infections and viruses. We then get to see how we can prevent the spread of the virus through what/how we eat and drink. How to restore our bodies to the cleanest state possible is also explained. Additionally, we see the author make a compelling case for the abolishment of the processed food industry and much more.

Believe it or not, the coronavirus is still currently ravaging some countries. Even with the advent of the vaccine, it would take several months for everyone in the country to get vaccinated. Because of this, it is apparent that we still need to protect ourselves as much as we can. The coronavirus pandemic shook the world in many ways, so I was curious when I saw this book that talked about a process with which the virus could be killed. I have to say that the author has revealed what may seem to be common knowledge and superbly linked it with how we could be affected by viruses if we don’t change.

Thinking about it now, viruses have always been in existence long before we appeared on Earth, and our forefathers weren’t as susceptible to these viruses as we are to them. I agree with the author that something must have changed in humans between then and now: what we eat. I like the way the author explained how non-secreted mucus, created by eating the wrong things, plays a vital role in viruses surviving inside us. The author explained what I thought was complex in an easy-to-understand manner. I also like that the author didn’t only talk about problems that arise with this non-secreted mucus but also gave us a process that we could follow to bring our bodies back to their clean, factory settings.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I have removed one star because there was something I didn’t enjoy about the publication. This edition is not professionally edited. The errors contained in this book were glaring and often broke my reading stream. I found more than ten of them. I have not deducted any other star because I think that the book has some great content and guidelines on how to combat viruses, which could prove extremely important now and in the future. I recommend this book to everyone since viruses and bacterial infections affect everyone. However, this book contains some profane words.

Kill the Coronavirus
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

It appears that the book will be instructive. The title piqued my interest because we're still dealing with Covid in South Africa, and we're seeing a lot of favorable situations on a daily basis. I'm going to read the book because I'm interested in hearing what the author has to say on how we can return our bodies to their original, pristine factory settings. Great review
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Seems very informative on how the deadly virus works and ways to prevent. Nice one. Excellent review
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Corona virus was a pain in the ass pandemic, I was a victim, I would really love to read this book, beautiful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”