Review of Light

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Review of Light

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Light" by Eddie B Cool.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Light is a book written to sensitize the reader about the importance and power of words in their life. It has a poetic atmosphere and is made up of 8 chapters and 269 pages.

In this book, the author shares his journey from the lowest point in his life to salvation and how he came to know Jesus better. After being incarcerated twice for six months because of addiction, Eddie B Cool (the author) was determined to change for the better. He realized the effects of positive words in his life and began to use acronyms to simplify these words and store them in his soul to help him live a more peaceful and joyful life.

After the author saw how these acronyms helped him, he decided to share what he learned with the rest of the world. He says that one word can have multiple acronyms that are all accurate, depending on when it is used. For example, light means living in God’s hidden treasure, but it can also mean living in God’s holy truth. The author writes in a straightforward and jovial manner. He rhymes and plays with his words in a way that made reading fun for me. The author also wrote a short prayer for the reader in the last paragraph of every chapter. I appreciate the author for his concern and prayers.

In the earlier chapters of this book, I noticed that the author listed so many of his acronyms and repeated several of them. I don’t think this was necessary because I couldn’t keep up with all those acronyms, thereby making the beginning of the book seem incoherent and a bit confusing to me. Thankfully, he did this only in the first few chapters of the book, so I didn’t need to deal with it till the end of the book.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because of the confusion I had with all the acronyms in earlier chapters. I didn’t rate it lower because I enjoyed the author’s jovial writing manner, and I believe the message this book carries is something more people should hear. Furthermore, I didn’t find any errors, so I think this book is exceptionally well-edited. I recommend this book for adult readers over the age of 18 who might be going through some rough times in their lives or just looking to drop some old habits and change their behaviors for the better. Teenagers can also learn a lot from the moral lesson in this book.

Light
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Words are powerful, we should always control our speech, I love this book, beautiful review.
Joseph Mutuku 1
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-mutuku-1.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Joseph Mutuku 1 »

Sounds like it will be an enjoble read to most Christians. I've heard people talking about "power of words" in someone's life. I'm curious to hear what this author has to say about it. This is an excellent review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”