Official Review of The Maestro Monologue [Book Just Released on September 9th]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Official Review of The Maestro Monologue [Book Just Released on September 9th]

Post by J_odoyo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Maestro Monologue by Rob White is a lighthouse for sailors in life who are lost in their journey of self-discovery. It is a tour de force on the revelation of a greater understanding of the extraordinary resources that come with being a human being—the capacity to make corrections to rid yourself of toxic understandings that poison your personality.

This riveting opus has four parts: understanding what’s ultimately true about yourself, seeing it like it is without making it worse, high spirits as you are revealed, and thy kingdom come. The first part takes a reader through awareness training, the astonishing power of intervention, the ultimate understanding, and the critical addendum. The second part reveals the intruder that has corrupted your faculty of thoughts, limiting your abilities. This part gives you the wherewithal you need to unravel and neutralize the effects of the intruder's kegs of dynamite in your life.

The third part reveals the true you (the maestro), the three states that arouse incredible aptitudes, talents, and strengths that lay dormant within (the dynamic trio). It also takes you through the maestro monologue (a narrative of self-reflection that makes available your immeasurable potential). The last part is the destination, and it introduces you to the kingdom of WOW (compelling, life-thriving energy) and coaches a reader on creating inspiring addictions.

What White offers here is not a theory on how you might become a superman; he articulates the fundamental truths and timeless principles that help us reach a new echelon of ultimate understanding, where our “miss-understanding” (an opinion we hold of ourselves that misses the mark completely) is captured, and our authentic self is unchained and given the wheel. He goes so far as to offer guidelines. For instance, White includes exercises to help you understand yourself and achieve supreme insights into the true nature of your being and experience the life you dream of living. He also guides his readers through a “Seven-Day Dare”, where they journal their activities to help them track their transformational progress—leading to a continuous upswing of growth and feats.

The Maestro Monologue is an intriguing and powerful read; it harbors many examples, parables, stories, author’s personal instances, and inspiring quotes from sages of the past that are capable of changing how you view the world. oft-times, it impels one to enter an altogether different zone where light eventually dawns at the end of a dim-lit tunnel. One of the quotes I’ll live to remember was from Helen Keller: “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Some stories in this book—like that of “the orphaned eagle”, Helen Keller, and many more—made me search deep into my soul and doubt whether I was living my full potential.

While reading this book, there shall be several self-reflection times when you'll have revelations and moments of epiphany—and that is what makes this book unique. Rob white tells us that “you reap from your world what your understandings sow.” Part two of this book was my favorite section. The moments I spent in this section were bittersweet. There was nothing as painful as to realize that I’ve been living below my potential because of my “miss-understanding”; however, I found solace in the author’s assurance that I had what it takes to change my inner narrative. He tells us that “you are the maker, and you are the made.”

Sincerely, I disliked nothing in this magnificent masterpiece. It seems that the book passed through the hands of a professional editor; I found only one error in it. Its engaging prose illuminates a reader’s soul through carefully chosen words by an experienced wordsmith. I liked the dialogue writing style employed by the author. There are indeed some bible verses quoted in this book. However, they are used as the basis of truth and age-old principles, not as an expression of the author’s religious beliefs. Some readers will view them as religious undertones; but, I’m not one of them.

The Maestro Monologue deserves a dazzling 4 out of 4 stars. The fluid writing style, the impeccable editing, the ideas, the impact it has, and the choice of words make this book stand out; therefore, it deserves no lower rating. It’s easy to comprehend and extract the very essence of all that the writer wants us to grasp, and irrefutably, this is a must-read book for folks across all walks of life, age groups, and professions—save for children who cannot fathom the concepts in this book.

The Maestro Monologue
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

The Maestro Monologue seems like a masterpiece. Anything that enlightens the mind is worth a try. Great review, J_odoyo!
J_odoyo

Post by J_odoyo »

collinsogw555 wrote: 02 Sep 2021, 15:41 The storyline of this book is great, I also love books about sailors. Great review.
Thanks for commenting
– Toni Morrison
J_odoyo

Post by J_odoyo »

RHD wrote: 02 Sep 2021, 21:49 The Maestro Monologue seems like a masterpiece. Anything that enlightens the mind is worth a try. Great review, J_odoyo!
Thanks, RHD. This is a wonderful book. I can bet you'll like it.
– Toni Morrison
Priya_Singh
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-singh.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Priya_Singh »

I really love that the author divided the book in four parts instead of randomly writing everything. I guess I will give it a try. Thank you for the in-depth review.
🌻🌼
Neysia Durga
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neysia-durga.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by Neysia Durga »

I have only just finished reading the book and you have written quite an excellent review, I must say! This is perfect for anyone having doubts on whether or not to get into the book. The answer is yes :)
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I was drawn to the title, but your review makes it sound overly religious, so not my cup of tea. Thank you for a lovely review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Simona Dimitrova
Favorite Book: Surviving Chaos
Currently Reading: Si’Empra’s Queen
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simona-dimitrova.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Simona Dimitrova »

What a great review....and what a interesting sounding book! That review made me think about reading the book but I'm not quite sure about that religious part. We'll see but I'll have it in mind!
Minjenny
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Minjenny »

Wow, it's just great to feel this way after reading this, i want to buy this book
Crescent Gold
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Crescent Gold »

The review is great, but the religous aspect make the book seem off.
J_odoyo

Post by J_odoyo »

Neysia Durga wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 00:10 I have only just finished reading the book and you have written quite an excellent review, I must say! This is perfect for anyone having doubts on whether or not to get into the book. The answer is yes :)
Thanks, Neysia Durga, for your kind comments. It's a great book indeed.
– Toni Morrison
J_odoyo

Post by J_odoyo »

Niens Now wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 06:19 I was drawn to the title, but your review makes it sound overly religious, so not my cup of tea. Thank you for a lovely review.
Niens, this book is not overly religious, at all. Believe me, even people of other religions or atheists will not feel offended by this book. The few quoted bible verses only form part of the sages of the past. Nothing preachy.
– Toni Morrison
J_odoyo

Post by J_odoyo »

Simona Dimitrova wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 08:49 What a great review....and what a interesting sounding book! That review made me think about reading the book but I'm not quite sure about that religious part. We'll see but I'll have it in mind!
Worry not. The book is not based on any religion, and the few quoted bible verses do not give Christianity any weight; they are used just like other quotes from other books or age-old philosophers.
– Toni Morrison
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

J_odoyo wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 14:48
Niens Now wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 06:19 I was drawn to the title, but your review makes it sound overly religious, so not my cup of tea. Thank you for a lovely review.
Niens, this book is not overly religious, at all. Believe me, even people of other religions or atheists will not feel offended by this book. The few quoted bible verses only form part of the sages of the past. Nothing preachy.
I hear you, but I have a great aversion to books that have been used in the indoctrination of people, whether people choose to see them as wise or not. So other books that quote those books are not on my list of priorities. This is in no way a criticism of those that choose to see this differently, simply my own choice.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Jack Watson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-watson.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Jack Watson »

I like books that examine the human psyche and psychological ideology. The positive review makes me think the book might be worth the read. Excellent review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”