Review of Innocence Invasion

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Review of Innocence Invasion

Post by Emily_Jen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Innocence Invasion" by Doniel Ervin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever felt like you were in the midst of a bad situation, and everything you felt in your life was gone instantly? In Innocence Invasion, Doniel Ervin demonstrates how the power of God manifested on her behalf and strengthened her faith when the enemy invaded her family’s innocence. The author asserts that by the end of this book, readers will learn how to “let go and let God.”

Ervin starts by confronting the power of spoken words as she urges readers to begin monitoring the words that come from their mouths, especially in prayer. She then describes the vision she had two weeks before she got married and how God led her to a book store in Westwego, LA, where she became filled with the Holy Ghost. She then narrates one of her many ugly experiences and how God came through for her.

The first thing I liked about this book was the way the author engaged me in an activity when she talked about the power in the words we speak. In that portion of the book, readers are asked to write down some negative words that they speak when something bad happens to them. After writing down the phrases, Ervin engages readers in prayer to nullify the effects they may have in their lives. I found that exercise renewing and powerful. The exercise not only made me renewed, but it also made me more attentive to the entire message.

I also liked that the author provided some pictures of her daughter Ashley. The enemy wanted to take her daughters away from her, starting with Ashley. The pictures were nice to see, and they opened my heart to the author's emotions during her tribulations. Additionally, I liked that most statements the author made throughout the book were supported with Bible verses. As a result, I was further convinced by the author’s message. I agree that God would always be here for me, no matter what happens. Also, I appreciated the conversational tone that the author used to narrate the story. I felt like I was with her the whole time.

However, this book isn’t without flaws. I noticed several errors in the text; this book is not professionally edited. Without the errors, the 64-page publication would deserve a perfect rating. As it is, I can only rate this edition 3 out of 4 stars. Although there are several references to the Bible, this book can be enjoyed by people of all religious beliefs. The author doesn’t make any discriminatory comments about any religion throughout the text. People who feel like they are in a bad situation would be encouraged by this book, and I recommend it to them.

Innocence Invasion
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Already energetic reading this review. Certainly the kind of books I love. Thanks for the amazing review.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

It is important to be dependent on the centre of our reality. I like the book and the author's perspective. Good review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I think everyone feels like this once in a while, am interested in this book, beautiful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”