Review of The Knights of the Golden Circle in Texas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harshi4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshi4.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Review of The Knights of the Golden Circle in Texas

Post by Harshi4 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Knights of the Golden Circle in Texas" by Randolph W. Farmer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Knights of the Golden Circle in Texas: How a Secret Society Shaped a State by Randolph W. Farmer is a book about a historical secret society called the Knights of the Golden Circle (KGC). It belongs to the genre of non-fiction/history.

In this book, the author explores the causes and effects of the disastrous American Civil War and how it can be prevented in the future. The Knights of the Golden Circle (KGC) was a historical secret society that played a major role in beginning the Civil war in the United States. They seem to be one of the organizations of conspirators with the most significance in American history. The author unravels the identities of the Knights of the Golden Circle through thorough research of original documents created by the organization itself.

The secret society intended to strengthen the south and preserve slavery by expanding its territory, abundance, and influence. Instead of promoting the interests of the south, the KCG ultimately contributed to beginning the civil war by shattering unity. This book sheds light on the various authoritative members of The Knights of the Golden Circle present in every other state in the union. This particular secret society was exceptionally dynamic due to the presence of influential members, such as the senator, governor, and military leaders.

The writing style in this book was simple and extremely easy to understand. I am not a huge fan of reading books concerned with history, but I found this book especially interesting. It fascinated me to see the amount of research done and the historical documents used to back up the facts presented in the book. The flow of this book was exemplary, and navigating through this book felt effortless even though I had very little prior knowledge about the civil war or the Knights of the Golden Circle. Overall, this book provides us with facts that help in establishing the identities of the members of the Knights of the Golden Circle, unlike any other previously published works.

Unlike the previous boring history books I have tried to read, I found this book very interesting and enjoyable. I could find nothing that I especially disliked in this book. This book has no grammatical and spelling errors and seems professionally edited. The book does not contain any profanity. I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in history and secret societies. Likewise, I would also recommend this book to anyone interested in the American civil war era and the history of Texas.

The Knights of the Golden Circle in Texas
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

This sound like a history that actually happened. This I would love to know about.
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

Historical books are full of adventure ,I would love to know more,nice review.
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

This looks like a captivating read: I would love to discover more about this secret society! Great job :)
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Am not usually interested in books about secret societies, but I think I would love to know more about the knights of the Golden circle, beautiful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”