Review of Stop Doubting Yourself!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Review of Stop Doubting Yourself!

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Stop Doubting Yourself!" by GJ Malone.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you struggle to get things done at the right time? Does that crippling fear that you can't do something - that feeling that you don't deserve the good things happening to you cause you to self-sabotage? If any of these questions resonate with you, you will find GJ Malone's book helpful.

Stop Doubting Yourself! is a self-help book aimed at helping the reader tackle self-doubt by mastering and taking control of their mind in seven practical steps.

I know most readers will roll their eyes at the mention of self-help, but this one is different. Its uniqueness lies in the author's execution of his ideas. Unlike most motivational books that inundate readers with anecdotal stories and motivational tales of successful people, Malone focuses on educating his readers on understanding their minds and controlling their mindset. I believe that true transformation starts from the inside before it manifests on the outside. So the author's approach resonates with me. There is no flowery language. No unsustainable surge of temporary motivation. Just plain self-work.

Another aspect of the book I appreciate is that the author acknowledges that everyone won't get the same result from applying the book's teachings. Instead, he advises the reader to pick elements of the book that they deem valuable and take action.

After reading the book, I could see why he emphasized reading the book more than once. So much of what he teaches might take a while to stick. Without consistent practise, it's easy to give up halfway through the process.

I have no grouse about any aspect of the book. I love the formatting. There is a clear link between the chapters. Each one logically and seamlessly builds upon the previous one. Also, the summaries at the end of every chapter and the recap at the beginning of a new one help jog the memory.

Conclusively, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. The author's teachings seem well researched and practical. I found the chapter on brain function and self-evaluation most impactful. Also, I spotted no errors throughout my reading, which is a testament to a good editing job.

Beyond tackling self-doubt, there is a plethora of other information pertaining to mastery of self and mindset that will benefit the reader, in some way. So I would recommend the book to anyone interested in understanding themselves better. The book doesn't contain any vulgarity as well. So, it's suitable for younger readers.

Stop Doubting Yourself!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

I like reading self-help books for they somehow help me, and this one will be helpful to me as well. The exclamation point in the title gives off the I-should-read-this-book tone. I'll add it on my shelf, and read later.
VictoriousReader
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriousreader.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by VictoriousReader »

Most of the times, we self-sabotage without knowing it. This book seems like a great read. Thanks for the comprehensive review.
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

This kind of books are not really my thing but I sure could use a reading like this :techie-reference:
Julius J James
Currently Reading: Herculubus or Red Planet
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-james-1.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Julius J James »

Stop doubting yourself is all about been yourself,expressing yourself and having faith in yourself. There is an adage which says looking for the person to change your life then look into the mirror. What a splendid book of hope!
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

People doubt themselves. I was once a victim of this self doubt. I'll love to read this one.
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

Self help books are always very necessary to read,am reading this book, nice review.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Definitely interested and excited to put on my bookshelf. We should Not doubt ourselves but we are only human and we do that thank you for the great review I can’t wait to get started
Recee Ann
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-recee-ann.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Recee Ann »

Yeah.. this is definitely true, I knew the storyline would match up with the cover and the review is great! Can't wait to read this!
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

OMG. Reading the review gives me goosebumps. The title is appealing, and the plot is incredible and life-changing. Great review
Poojitha Borra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poojitha-borra.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Poojitha Borra »

Self-worth and self-doubt keep popping up in my mind now and then. I would like to know how to manage it. This book seems a great fit. Great review!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Sarah C McHum
Favorite Book: Do I Need a Will or a Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-c-mchum.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by Sarah C McHum »

I always struggle to control my thought to not blaming and doubting myself in any situation. I always ask other's opinion about me and what they say about me is like a burden for me. I couldn't stop to think about it. It really stress me out. I'll definitely give this book a try. Thanks for your review!
Joyjen
Currently Reading: My living Will
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyjen.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Joyjen »

Stop doubting yourself is all about,understanding our minds and controlling our mindset. I would like to know how to tackle it. Great review.
Abigail Baloyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Abigail Baloyi »

I think this book is a mind healer in other words is good medicine of mindset. This book can save us from doubting themselves after reading it. Such a good inspiration . Thanks for review
Teererai Musariri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teererai-musariri.html
Latest Review: Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook by Fred Sievert

Post by Teererai Musariri »

I think this book is the answer to all kinds of procastinations we do day in and day out. A brilliant review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”