Review of The Infinite Horizon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of The Infinite Horizon

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Infinite Horizon" by John Dayton.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We often wonder how the universe came to be and try to unravel the mysteries surrounding it. We ask questions like, how did the universe come to exist? How big is it? Has it always been there, or was it created? This has led to many theories about the universe that have left us confused about which is true. The Infinite Horizon tries to clear this confusion by differentiating what is and what's not regarding theories regarding the universe.

The Infinite Horizon is a book that tries to solve the mysteries regarding the universe, especially that of creation, to an extent. John Dayton tries to clear up this mystery by using theories that explain this concept in great detail. If you've been curious about these mysteries, then this is a book you should read.

What turns me off the most about books of this nature is their presentation. I've come across a few books that attempt to analyze the concepts of the universe. Most often than not, I have difficulty finishing these books due to the way they are written. Most of them read like textbooks, which they aren't meant to be, stating only basic facts with no proper or detailed explanation. This is what sets John Dayton's book apart from most others. Not only does he settle down to explain each point with practical terms, theories, and facts, he also goes straight to the point without beating around the bush. This can even be seen from the number of pages the book has. With only 175 pages, the book contains so much information and doesn't overcrowd the reader's mind. This is commendable on the author's part.

I found the references in the book helpful, as they shed more light on the information the author was trying to pass. The conclusion by the author at the end of most chapters helped in picking out the specific points of the chapter. The picture illustrations the author added to the story were also helpful because they provided a mental image of the topic being discussed. These images sharpened my mind to these concepts and made reading more understandable.

Sadly, the editing wasn't as good as the delivery of this book. I found some errors that got me distracted. It would be one thing to encounter clear-cut errors. However, dealing with errors that made me read the sentences multiple times or visit external grammar sources for confirmation was distracting. This would be my only complaint. Therefore I’d rate it 3 out of 4 stars. I would recommend the book to people who have a curiosity regarding the mysteries of the universe.

The Infinite Horizon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Priya_Singh
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-singh.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Priya_Singh »

I really appreciate that author didn't just simply stated the fact. He went onto explain it for us and that too in such a small number of pages. It is commendable. Thank you for your wonderful review 🌻🌼
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

i know how the universe was created, I slam talks all about it so, am not a fan of the book, great review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
The fabulous
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-fabulous.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by The fabulous »

The creation of universe has always been a mystery. Thanks for the review.
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by GNerd »

I believe that Every author's goal should be to capture the reader's attention. It's sad the author didn't do it well. I commend your honesty.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”