Review of My Spouse, my friend

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of My Spouse, my friend

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Spouse, my friend" by Ingiete Oyama.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My Spouse My Friend by Ingiete Oyama is a non-fiction book. The author shared her perspectives and views on marriage as an institution and relationship. The author explained the concept of marriage as a divine ordinance from God. She pointed out God's original blueprint for marriage, and she also discussed various perversions, which gear toward distorting His ideal plan. She explained some important factors like sensuality, finances, and friends, thereby examining their roles in marriages. This book exposes the numerous challenges and trials couples experience in marriage. Readers would discover practical ways to overcome these trials and work toward an ideal marriage.

While she explained the concept of marriage and its demands, the author also pointed out an often neglected point. Couples neglect this aspect of understanding themselves and also fail to see the importance of their finances in their relationships. Most marriages have neglected this truth to their detriment. Thankfully, the author tried to discuss these issues. I enjoyed the practicality of this book, especially in sharing some of her experiences and people's stories. Also, I enjoyed her discussion about friends, finances, and the possible roles of these factors in marriages. Also, I liked that Ingiete had a firm perspective on divorce, not based on infidelity. I appreciated how she constantly pointed to God as the solution to many marital issues. This book will serve as an eye-opener to most partners as they discover things they got wrong and how to fix them.

I found some negative aspects in this book. In some chapters, like chapter one, I found a lot of repetitions. The author kept going back and forth over a particular idea. As much as this makes the concept simple to understand, it makes the chapters quite bulky. I would have enjoyed this book more if the author had been precise. She was straying at some points.

I award My Spouse My Friend 3 out of 4 stars. My rating was because of the points stated in the above paragraph. Also, I found some errors in this book, although they were not enough to hinder comprehensive reading of this book. I firmly believe this book was professionally edited.

I would recommend this book strongly to couples engaged or couples in courtship, as it provides insights into the journey of relationship and marriage. Also, to married spouses, it would serve as a guide on some questions about marital life.

My Spouse, my friend
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Pointing back to God in any relationship is core followed by mutual understanding. Kind of book I love. Thank you.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

I love books that are written from experience as it helps to guide other people. Great review.
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

Along with couples, I think this book would be a beneficial read for marriage counselors or people practicing couple's therapy. Great review.
Recee Ann
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-recee-ann.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Recee Ann »

Nice book about marriage! I have always been an avid reader of these kind of books. I'm just curious about this thing about marriage. The author seems to stress her point out well and I would like to add this to my collection of other books I have read under this subject 'marriage'.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I love to read books about marriage and relationships, I would love to add this book to my book shelves, nice review.
MamaDhi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamadhi.html
Latest Review: Customer Service Is DEAD by Mitche Graf

Post by MamaDhi »

A christian-like book on marriage will definitely be a good read and practicality is very good in marital discussions because everyone seems to be keeping their marriage issues on the down low
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

I wish couples could read this book, they will find it very helpful in their marriage. Great review.
Dercio Gabriel Machavate
Favorite Book: My Spouse, my friend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dercio-gabriel-machavate.html
Latest Review: The Advent of Time by Indignus Servus
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Dercio Gabriel Machavate »

I loved reading this book, and I found the repetition of some ideas very necessary on those chapters. And really think it deserves a rating of 5 out 5, or 4 out of 4.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”