Review of The Trumpets

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Unique Ego
Favorite Book: The Tales of Little Lady M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-ego.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of The Trumpets

Post by Unique Ego »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Trumpets" by Chris Thomas Shepherd.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Chris experienced religion in his formative years like many young people. As he grew up, he developed a belief in science and facts. This caused him to become doubtful of religion as he couldn’t fathom how faith in God worked. Things changed, however, when a female friend introduced him to the Bible. Upon reading it, Chris challenged God to reveal himself before he would believe in him. God obliged, and this prompted Chris to ask for the ability to translate biblical prophecies.

Chris began to spend a lot of time reading the Bible, with a major focus on the prophecies foretold. He transcribed these prophecies and linked each of them to an expected time of fulfillment. Starting with the book of Numbers, he explained how time is calculated in the Bible. He also delved into the prophecies in the book of Daniel, ascertained the kingdoms spoken about in the king’s dream, and linked them and their timelines to the present-day Christian church. Chris connected Daniel’s vision of the four beasts to the Antichrist while also expounding on the book of Revelation. This book is essentially a reference to past and future biblical events and prophecies in the books of Daniel and Revelation, with an emphasis on decrypting their meanings and revealing their Gregorian timelines.

The Trumpets by Chris Thomas Shepherd is a book about his understanding of the biblical prophecies in the books of Daniel and Revelation. Firstly, I must commend the author for the time spent researching and writing what he truly believed about these prophecies. I’m not sure how much of it I agreed with, though; the content of this book was as perplexing as it was controversial. At the beginning of the book, I was in sync with the author’s message, but I soon noticed some points of contention forming when he talked about the Antichrist.

I wasn’t in sync with how he translated the events of the horsemen of the apocalypse or the period of the Antichrist’s reign. Chris spoke about the war to come following the arrival of the Antichrist and described it in vivid detail, foretelling the time, location, and actions to occur. This felt like fiction and not an expounding of biblical prophecies. The fact that he could name specific times, locations, and event details warred against my Christian sensibilities; the Bible implies that no one knows when these things will occur, so I didn’t know what to make of Chris’s assertions. The fact that some of his assertions didn’t have legs to stand on didn’t fill me with confidence either. An excellent example of this was when he revealed Manhattan as the proposed residence of the Antichrist’s close friend who would later become an American priest—I won’t give more details here to avoid giving away a spoiler.

There were aspects of this book that were nice to read. I enjoyed the author’s narration about the history of modern nations, tracing back to the Babylonian era—I found it refreshing and educational. At many points in the book, I also picked up a few things concerning the art of war, diplomacy, and military strategy. I appreciated the glossaries at the end of the book; the author included three tables summarising the message of this book in clear and easy-to-read terms; I thought this was a nice touch.

This book was professionally edited as I could barely find any grammatical problems. Since all my contentions are subjective issues, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The message presented was clear, and the author’s writing was almost flawless. I recommend this book to open-minded people interested in the subjects of theology and history.

The Trumpets
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

It sounds like a great book for Christians. Not for me though. Thank you for your review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

I do love reading books on theology but I'm doubtful about this one because of the detailed foretelling of the Apocalypse and Antichrist reign. Thank you for your comprehensive review. :techie-reference:
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

A bit skeptical about religious books but this was cool. Nice review!
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

I love reading books about Christianity as they help to grow my faith. Great review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Religious books are my favorite kind of books, am reading this book definitely, thanks for the honest review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”