Review of Anonymous Cultures, The Silent Majority

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joyful17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog by Daniel Tierney

Review of Anonymous Cultures, The Silent Majority

Post by Joyful17 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Anonymous Cultures, The Silent Majority" by Paul R. Fournier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

To achieve success, all businesses need sound management, good employees, and satisfied customers. However, many businesses have consistently fallen short of these requirements. The reasons for this failure are diverse. Anonymous Cultures, The Silent Majority by Paul R. Fournier addresses this nagging problem from its grassroots and provides strategies for effective culture management and leadership.

Paul is the president of a business consultancy group. He lectures business groups on leadership, culture, and management. This book provides extensive information on how businesses can gauge customer expectations, how cultural diversity and inclusion can be achieved, and how ineffective management can lead to communication blunders where information is lost in translation. The book further analyses how employee perception is crucial to the progress of a business, how the human resources department can become adept at selecting and retaining the best talent, and so many other issues related to business management.

I had a great time reading this book because it logically provides a balanced view of how employees should be treated and why. The narrative is written in simple grammar and is easy to understand. Acronyms and technical terms such as culture, silos, rogue culture, anonymous culture, and so on are defined in the opening chapter.

The book is practical and full of real-life examples and scenarios. I particularly love how the author compared company culture to a fountain of drinking water on page 21. All around the world, people have to constantly endure toxic work environments which in turn affect the quality of life. This book helps the employer see why people are much more important than machines. In situations where the employer, senior management, secondary management, and the employees have drifted into different worlds and have lost touch with each other, applying the simple principles in this book can bring about a positive turnaround.

My most favorite aspect of this book is the consistent use of questions at the conclusion of each chapter. This feature allows the reader to meditate on how the principles in each chapter can be applied. I also find the flowcharts in the book quite helpful. Relevant quotes can also be found at strategic locations in the book. The quote, 'Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple is creativity.' by Charles Mingus is one of my favorites. I have absolutely no dislikes about this book.

I rate Anonymous Cultures, The Silent Majority 4 out of 4 stars. It was exceptionally well edited. Employers, employees, customers, and suppliers can benefit from this book and improve their work environment.

Anonymous Cultures, The Silent Majority
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Priya_Singh
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-singh.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Priya_Singh »

I really appreciate the author for bringing out this culture in light. Office environment is something in which we interact daily but never had seen with a different perspective other than office, work and salary. Thank you for in-depth review🌻🌼
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

Wow, this book sounds interesting and educative too. Thank you for such a great review.
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

Employees are the backbone of any business entity. I am glad that this book addresses this aspect. Thank you for your comprehensive review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I love to read books about business,I think this book is a good idea,beautiful review.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

This review is very informative and definitely brings out the main content of the book about cultures and business. Thank you!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”