Review of Green Skies and Holy Whispers

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review of Green Skies and Holy Whispers

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Green Skies and Holy Whispers" by Victoria Cline.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Green Skies And Holy Whispers by Victoria Cline is a true-life story that focuses on healing and forgiveness after abandonment, abuse, and molestation.

This book is a true-life emotional story about the author. Her mother abandoned her two weeks after her birth, but she was eventually adopted. Her adopted mother was the one that introduced her to Jesus and taught her how to have a good relationship with him. After the mother died at a very young age, the author's life changed dramatically. She was abused physically and emotionally. This book shows how she was able to find healing and forgiveness.

The book tells us that we are not alone in the journey of life. Forgiveness is a complicated topic to deal with, especially physical and emotional abuse. This book shows that though it is challenging to forgive, it is not impossible. There were essential lessons on forgiveness. I cherished the part where the author explained that forgiving others plays a vital role in our lives, and it also shows that we love God.

I admire the author's willingness to write about what she went through. These days, it's challenging for some ladies to speak or write about their emotional and physical abuse. However, the author shared her experiences to help others going through similar challenges to gain strength and inspiration.

Another thing I enjoyed was the author's relationship with God. The author related to Jesus Christ more like a brother, Mary as her mother, and God as a father, even though she knows God and Jesus are the same (Holy Trinity). She showed that having a conversation with Jesus is possible. Also, she talked about how she speaks with Jesus more intimately, literally seeing Him, touching Him, and walking with Him. She was always having a therapeutic session with Jesus. That shows that our relationship with God shouldn't be rigid. Apart from fearing Him, we should open our hearts to God because He feels what we are going through; He knows everything. He needs us to be more open and surrender everything to Him.

I learned a lot from reading her story. I understood the easiest way to forgive others, how to understand God, and love Him more. Furthermore, I learned that Jesus is the master physician and that we were created to fulfill an essential purpose, not just for creation's sake.

I loved the Bible verses included at the end of some sentences, making it easier to understand the author's point of view. A bonus feature is also the gospel songs recommended at the beginning of every chapter.

This book was inspiring and well written. There is nothing to dislike about the book.

Unfortunately, I am rating it 3 out of 4 stars because I noticed several grammatical errors. On a final note, this is a Christian book, and I recommend it to all Christians, especially those going through abuses and abandonment.

Green Skies and Holy Whispers
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

Nonfiction stories give you the leverage to see through a book the true-life stories of certain individuals. The author certainly suffered what many individuals are still suffering from. Great review!
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

Though I'm not a Christian, I would like to give this one a try because somehow i feel to explore the author's heartwarming journey ! Thanks for the review!
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

The storyline of this book sounds interesting as it seems to be a Christian book that talks about forgiveness and healing. I will like to recommend this book to some of my friends. Thank you for a wonderful review.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

Experiences are meant to guide us in our future course of action. I love the premise upon which the book stands. Good review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I got emotional reading this review, we are not alone no matter the obstacles, there is always light at the end of the tunnel, beautiful review.
Leah Blackman Pitt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leah-blackman-pitt.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Leah Blackman Pitt »

It is said that unforgiveness is like drinking the poison yourself but expecting the person who hurt you to die. It is nice to see that the writer emphasized the power of forgiveness because it brings health and healing to you the offended. It is always good to use your experiences to help others and not allow the pains of your past to be a stumbling block but rather become stepping stones. Appreciate the review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”