Review of Your Childhood Holds The Key

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kim Jek
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kim-jek.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Your Childhood Holds The Key

Post by Kim Jek »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Your Childhood Holds The Key" by Maria Steuer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raising children is hard work. It involves self-sacrifice yet brings rich rewards. One of the important steps parents must take to ensure they enjoy such rewards is that they must avoid passing on negative traits to their children. How can this be done? Your Childhood Holds The Key by Maria Steuer provides helpful information on how parents can achieve this.

This book explains how early training or the attitude we adopt in early childhood affects how we react to certain situations later in life. It goes on to explain how this can also affect how we raise children. The book further discusses eight basic negative messages parents pass on to their children, how love and care can help regulate emotion and stress in a child, how parents can become emotional regulators for their babies, and how parents can help their children become self-efficient. Parents will find this book encouraging. The author logically explains how parents can change their bad habits, why they should use only positive words when addressing their kids, and how correction can be administered lovingly without damaging the child emotionally.

Your Childhood Holds The Key appealed to me immensely. The chapters were properly organized and easy to navigate. What I love most about this book is the author's powerful use of illustrations and examples. Her illustrations and examples were drawn from familiar situations. For instance, the illustration of couples in love on page 49 aptly describes what was meant by quality time. This illustration made it crystal clear that quality needs quantity and that the number one relationship killer is lack of time. Parents who find it difficult to spend enough time with their children can learn a lot from this part of the book.

I also love how the author developed the main points. Each chapter was well concluded and summarized. The summaries were effective memory aids. Another interesting feature of this book is the skillful use of questions. Some of the questions were thought-provoking and can help readers arrive at the right conclusion. Interestingly, the author also referred to some videos on YouTube. These videos can help readers have a better understanding of the subject matter.

The book deserves a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. It was awesomely edited and excellently written. I have no dislikes about this book. Parents, guardians, and others who wish to have better parenting skills will love reading this book.

Your Childhood Holds The Key
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Priya_Singh
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-singh.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Priya_Singh »

This books seems a must read for parents. Thank you for the recommendation.🌻🌼
Joshua Lambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Joshua Lambo »

This book teaches the parents on how to train their children well in order to be good in future,children are to obey their parents and also follow good instructions at all times in order to bring positive change to the society. Parents also are to train their children in the right way and also teach them positive morals and not negative morals. Lastly,children are to adhere to good advice. The writer wrote it well and also the writer provides every information needed in order to train their children well this book should be rated 4 out of 4 stars.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

As a potential mother, I would love to read this book and I suggest every woman should do so as well, thanks for the honest review.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like how the connection is established between early childhood and the influence on personality formation.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

I’m sure this book would be of immense help to parents, especially mothers. Thanks for providing this detailed review.
Kim Jek
Currently Reading:

Post by Kim Jek »

Priya_Singh wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 06:14 This books seems a must read for parents. Thank you for the recommendation.🌻🌼
Thank you for reading my review. You're right. Parents will surely benefit greatly from.
Kim Jek
Currently Reading:

Post by Kim Jek »

Amynwankwo_ wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 17:47 I’m sure this book would be of immense help to parents, especially mothers. Thanks for providing this detailed review.
Thank you too. You're absolutely right! But there are aspects of the book that specifically address fathers too.
Kim Jek
Currently Reading:

Post by Kim Jek »

markodim721 wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 14:40 I like how the connection is established between early childhood and the influence on personality formation.
Me too. And the author is right. There is obvious connection. Thanks
Kim Jek
Currently Reading:

Post by Kim Jek »

Gabriella1997 wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 15:02 As a potential mother, I would love to read this book and I suggest every woman should do so as well, thanks for the honest review.
Please do. I'm sure you will enjoy the book.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

Kim Jek wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 05:31
Amynwankwo_ wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 17:47 I’m sure this book would be of immense help to parents, especially mothers. Thanks for providing this detailed review.
Thank you too. You're absolutely right! But there are aspects of the book that specifically address fathers too.
That is true too. You’re welcome !

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”