Review of Finding Our True Identity

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Review of Finding Our True Identity

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Finding Our True Identity" by Honey Dee.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Most people lack direction due to ignorance, while some are yet to find their purpose in life. If you want to be sure about your identity and where you belong, grab a copy of this life-changing book for your edification.

Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee is an inspiring and self-discovery book. The author started with the topic, 'Who Am I?' She used Gen 1:26 to explain that we are God's representative since He made us in His image and likeness. When we identify who we are in Christ, we lean on God's word to stay strong to resist the devil and his temptations. And to maintain our identity in Christ, we need to have faith in God, learn to obey, and trust Him to lead us. The author uses the story of Abraham to motivate us because he obeyed God to sacrifice his only son. There are other insightful topics to explore in this book like confidence, fear, humility, etc. So, why not pick this book and unravel a lot and enrich yourself?

This book is highly informative and insightful. It made so much impact on me and opened my eyes to some mysteries about my identity. As Christians, we believe that sometimes God tempts us, but the author gives us a Bible verse that counters that. I also enjoyed that the author shared her own experiences and challenges before she met Christ and how her life changed for good after discovering her identity in Christ.

The topics I enjoyed most were forgiveness and love. These two work hand in glove because forgiveness is a high demonstration of love. And Jesus is a typical example of such because while being persecuted, he prayed, 'Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing.' He also gave His life on the cross because of His love for sinners.

What I enjoyed most in this book is the Bible verses used as references and the Bible stories. Ms. Dee gave enough Scriptures to back up her teachings on every topic, which helped to make her teachings relatable and authentic. I was exposed to a lot of Scriptures that will be beneficial to me in the future. I also appreciate that the author stresses the importance of parents leading their children to Christ to discover their true identity earlier and help secure their future.

Furthermore, the book is concise and consists of 59 pages, yet it is very loaded and transformational. The author's teaching was straightforward and engaging. I also enjoyed Ms. Dee's writing skills and choice of words. My reading experience was seamless without any ambiguities.

In conclusion, I enjoyed everything in this inspiring book. I would highly recommend this publication to teenagers and adults, especially people who need to find their directions and identities in Christ. Christians who want to be deeply rooted in the word of God will benefit from the insightful Scriptures the author shared throughout her teaching. I didn't find anything to dislike in this book except the many grammatical errors I encountered in the short read. I would have given this book a perfect rating, but sadly, Finding Our True Identity deserves three out of four stars due to the number of errors.

Finding Our True Identity
View: on Bookshelves
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

Readers having identity crises will definitely find the book helpful. Great review.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

I'm not that of a religious person so I'm not sure if it'll fit me or not. People who want some direction in their life will find it quite helpful I think. Thanks for the review.
Mary Lou Mills
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The Buffalo Soldier
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-lou-mills.html
Latest Review: Permaculture for the Absolute Beginner by Dawn Raynes
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Mary Lou Mills »

The topic sounds appealing to me but I'm easily distracted by multiple errors, so I'll sit this one out.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This book seems very inspirational; it's too bad that the number of errors flawed it. Thank you for an excellent review!
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

This book is not for me. Thank you for an insightful review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

This book is for me. I like that the author teaches as she backs up with scriptures and I also appreciate that she used her life experiences before and after her life in Christ, it really encourages me. Thank you for a great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”