Review of Why You Don't Read

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of Why You Don't Read

Post by SamaylaM »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Why You Don't Read" by Andron Martin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Human beings are each vastly different from the other. So when it comes to reading, different people have distinct patterns. Some have embraced reading since their childhood. Some grew to enjoy reading much later in life. In fact, some people may even dislike reading. But, how valuable is reading in a human’s life? Do you wish to discover the history of reading? Are you interested to learn about the several reading revolutions that have taken place over centuries? If so, the following book would be an apt read.

Why You Don't Read by Andron Martin is a creative and impressive book. The author wrote this book to demonstrate the strength of self-education to potential readers. The book begins with the author explaining the kind of materials this book carries. Then, the contents span over seven chapters. Each of them details several unique aspects related to reading and learning. Some chapters even explore the author’s own experiences, both positive and negative, with reading.

There were multiple commendable things in this book. The writing style was engaging and cohesive. As a result, it made for a smooth read. My favorite part of this book was learning about the six reading revolutions that occurred throughout human history. The author provided the timelines precisely and detailed every reading revolution nicely. I also enjoyed the use of unique examples to enrich the messages of this book. One such example was of a restaurant owner in Paris and her pie-eating observation. In addition, the author provided the benefits of some e-reading tools such as Audible, Simbi, Kindle, and more. Readers can also reach out to the author to find the right reading tool for themselves. Overall, it was a truly delightful read.

This book did not contain anything that I disliked. I found only a few errors in spelling. But, they did not hinder my reading at all. In just 25 pages, the author did an excellent job of making this book unique.

Considering everything, I award Why You Don't Read by Andron Martin with 4 out of 4 stars. It was a short and helpful read. The purpose of this book is to rejuvenate those who have lost their spirit to learn. It also aims to restore people’s belief in their ability to mature mentally. Hence, people looking for some motivation can find this read beneficial. I would also recommend this book to people trying to improve and learn more through their reading.

“You may also be holding on to things from your past. Same superstitions, same job, same restaurants, the same group of friends, same shoes. Deep down, this is not necessarily what we want in life, but we are loyal to the conversation in our minds. Our life is just a reflection of the dialog we are so faithful to.” – Why You Don't Read [Pg – 10]

Why You Don't Read
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tosin O
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tosin O »

Everyone has a unique ability to read. We need to improve ours. Thank for the inspiration.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

This book seems quite informative. I definitely want to read this. Thanks for your insightful review!
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

I am intrigued by this book and curious to see how the author answers the question of why we don't read and how he demonstrates the strength of self-education. Thanks for the detailed review!
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fareed-regal.html
Latest Review: In Plain Sight by Susan Mallett

Post by Fareed Regal »

This book seems insightful and interesting with quite unique subject matter. At such a short read I will definitely give this one a try. Thank you for an excellent review.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

Definitely an informative read for any bookie, very nice review.
Novin Aliyah
Currently Reading: The Shade of Highfall
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Novin Aliyah »

This book contains a reading revolution which occurred to date. They don't make excuses in reading because of it. Presents many reading ways. Good review.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

Tosin O wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 05:09 Everyone has a unique ability to read. We need to improve ours. Thank for the inspiration.
Thanks a lot! :)
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

Honest-reviewer wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 10:25 This book seems quite informative. I definitely want to read this. Thanks for your insightful review!
Thank you for stopping! :)
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

Yulisa Sanchez wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 14:55 I am intrigued by this book and curious to see how the author answers the question of why we don't read and how he demonstrates the strength of self-education. Thanks for the detailed review!
I hope you can read it!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
:tiphat:
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

Fareed Regal wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 16:54 This book seems insightful and interesting with quite unique subject matter. At such a short read I will definitely give this one a try. Thank you for an excellent review.
Thanks so much for your positive feedback! :D
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

Apple 7 wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 20:19 Definitely an informative read for any bookie, very nice review.
Thank you! :)
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:

Post by SamaylaM »

Novin Aliyah wrote: 10 Nov 2021, 01:12 This book contains a reading revolution which occurred to date. They don't make excuses in reading because of it. Presents many reading ways. Good review.
Thanks for your comment! :)
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

The topics that the novel is centered on are unique in itself. I'll have to read this one because I'm looking for anything fresh to read. Thanks for your review!
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

This book is educational. It gives information about the history of reading and such. Thanks for sharing this incredible review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”