Review of Your Urban Crisis Survival Planner

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Review of Your Urban Crisis Survival Planner

Post by LinaMueller »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Your Urban Crisis Survival Planner" by Susanne Skov Diemer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Your Urban Crisis Survival Planner by Susanne Skov Diemer is a "survivalist book" written by an unusual author. As much as Susanne says midway through the book that she is not a "prepper," this is a definition that fits her perfectly. But the image of the traditional prepper reminds us of a far-right political dissident who lives totally or partially isolated, so to speak, someone who is seen as an eccentric individual. She, in contrast, is a highly successful woman who has been responsible for the safety of several famous people and even members of royalty.

The book has three parts that discuss what can go wrong in our globalized world, how to prepare to avoid the harmful consequences of a supposed outlier event, and what to do when the crisis occurs. The book is relatively short, but it covers all the necessary details and offers valuable tips from a professional with a lot of experience dealing with extreme situations.

The book's best parts are the moments when the author gives examples of lived experiences and explains why someone should behave in a proper way. For example, when an individual is under protection, people mistakenly imagine several men in suits around the individual who should be protected. Susanne shows through her experience that it is common to have several professionals pretending to be civilians in the surrounding areas. Some are even just coordinating the operation.

Nobody can point out any faults. Everything in the book is of perfect quality, from the images to the quotes by Søren Kierkegaard. Only a professional with a lot of experience would write such a well-edited book. Even so, I found two minor grammatical errors. These two errors are so irrelevant that it's likely that most readers will ignore them.

Your Urban Crisis Survival Planner is a priceless masterpiece. Most books in the genre are interesting, but they tend to be the opinion of amateurs or people who are "professionals" in just one particular area. However, in this book, the author is one of the best professionals globally and can provide advice that only a few could give. After the COVID pandemic, no one can ignore that we live in a chaotic and vulnerable world. What better thing then than to get advice from one of the best security professionals in the world? I don't like to be generic, but most people should read this book. If you are interested in books that discuss crisis and "survivalist" themes, this publication is for you. I gladly rate it four out of four stars. There is no way to criticize any aspect of this gem.

Your Urban Crisis Survival Planner
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

Thanks for the interesting review on this book. I think I shall take a look at this one.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”