Review of Before Your Loved One Goes ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Review of Before Your Loved One Goes ...

Post by Chiwelite O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Before Your Loved One Goes ..." by Gaylene Nunn.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever thought about the turn your life would take after losing a loved one, especially if the loved one is the sole provider? Although death is inevitable, it is crucial to take responsibility while a loved one is still alive.

This book Before Your Loved One Goes is written by Gaylene Nunn. It enlightens the reader on the importance of knowing vital information about your loved ones while they are still alive. The author believes that people shouldn't be afraid to ask about their loved one's income management, businesses, vehicles, houses, or even the kind of funeral they would like. The author feels that often when a loved one dies, we get so overwhelmed by grief, but after a while, we are faced with the reality of a huge responsibility that wasn't planned at all; a responsibility that if planned out carefully by following the steps in this book, there would be little or nothing to worry about if your loved one dies or gets incapacitated.

This book has some positive aspects. It helps one see the benefits of taking responsibility before any occurrence by knowing everything about their loved ones. So that at any time the death of a loved one meets you, you should be able to handle any subsequent issues with great ease. And also, I think the writer did an excellent job analyzing the challenges one might face during loss. The book's plot is set on preparing the reader's mind to face and unmask reality. The author's unique writing skill made me see how to address issues without fear. This book did not contain excessively repeated information; the author went straight to the point, which I admired while reading this book. I could not find any error in this book; it was exceptionally well edited, which is a plus.

The negative aspect of this book is that if not well understood, the author's message may come across as rude and disturbing, as it would be weird to ask a person questions regarding their livelihood to plan life without the person. This appears very rude if it's someone you love; many people are not very happy to talk about death.

I am rating the book 3 out of 4 stars because it was thoughtfully written, and it passed vital information to the reader.

This book is recommended to people who want to have open minds towards the idea of death or people who have faced recovery challenges after losing a loved one.

Before Your Loved One Goes ...
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
photosynthesis19
Currently Reading: A Room of One's Own
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-photosynthesis19.html
Latest Review: The Middle Reaches (Episodes 1-8) by L. Andrew Cooper

Post by photosynthesis19 »

This seems like a really interesting book. I am a strong believer in being open and straightforward in friendships and relationships, so I am a big proponent of planning ahead for the passing of a partner or loved one. I think it can give both parties peace of mind to know that the longer living person will be prepared and well resourced once they are by themselves. I understand this topic might be sensitive for some, but I hope that many people will be open to reading this book. Thanks for the great review!
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

I really like the concept of the book. It's so simple yet so ignored in today's time. I'll definitely try to read it. Thanks for the review.
Mary Lou Mills
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The Buffalo Soldier
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-lou-mills.html
Latest Review: Permaculture for the Absolute Beginner by Dawn Raynes
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Mary Lou Mills »

I hope that it includes a means of bringing these topics up without unduly frightening the other person.
Michael_peace
Currently Reading: The Long Walk Home (Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 40

Post by Michael_peace »

The title alone is something everyone ought to read and understand what it means/take to lose a loved one.

The responsibility, financial management, will, and lots more that has been majorly ignored in today's society except for those who understood the power of information.
Charleslee
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Charleslee »

This book i think will make one have sense of belonging. Thumbs up for this great review.
Jydel
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Currently Reading: Diary of a wimpy kid
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jydel.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Jydel »

The title of the book is what drew me to the review. Death and grief are part of life. Similarly, life must go on. If you can find something to help you along, the better it is. I believe this book can do that.
Mbal33
Currently Reading: Apotheosis Now
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Mbal33 »

The author introduced a very unique idea. Death is part of our reality and often times families end up fighting for belongings and assets as a result of improper planning. This book is a must read. Thank you for the intriguing review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”