Review of Easy & Concise Guide For Contentment and Sustained Happiness

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Review of Easy & Concise Guide For Contentment and Sustained Happiness

Post by Standor5865 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Easy & Concise Guide For Contentment and Sustained Happiness" by Kadambari Madhok.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"The more you know about yourself, the easier it is to work on yourself, to recognize patterns of behaviors and improve, if need be." - Page 15.

One of the things that most people consistently seek in life is self-discovery. We want to know ourselves better, know the world better, and be at peace with ourselves and the world. Easy & Concise Guide For Contentment and Sustained Happiness by Kadambari Madhok is a self-help book that not only aims to help readers find contentment and happiness, as the title suggests, it also holds several keys to self-discovery. In five chapters, the author applies science in taking us through mastering energy and how it connects us all, unburdening ourselves and finding a balance, and understanding certain key elements of human nature, including time, ego, love, selflessness, and more.

I appreciate the author doing well in presenting this helpful guide that is laced with a lot of helpful information. There are several aspects of the book that will be familiar to readers, especially on the interconnectedness of humans and elements like love and forgiveness. Nevertheless, a lot of the author's viewpoints on life are quite unique and enlightening. The central theme of the book involves understanding that we all consist of energy that cannot be created or destroyed, and hence, we are all one. Once you get to understand that, applying the rest of the author's straightforward lessons in knowing more about yourself and expanding your energy will be a seamless process.

The author reiterates that the most important key to living your best life is you. As simple as it sounds, a lot of people are yet to realize this fact, as they consistently attempt to compare their lives to others. I enjoyed getting this reminder from the author as well, while her peaceful tone set the pace for easy assimilation of her lessons.

On a negative note, I do not think any effort was put into editing the text at all. I constantly found myself trying to decipher several aspects of the book through the plethora of errors I encountered. From unnecessary commas and wrong verb tenses to poorly constructed sentences, like "Life should be about not be about contracting oneself but grow ourselves into something big and expansive," I was very discouraged at different points from continuing the read that contained a lot of beneficial pieces of advice. The book is also poorly organized, as I found myself missing the ending and beginning of the chapters throughout.

Some of the aspects of the book that will further pique readers' interests revolve around the author's thoughts on the positives of ego and the significance of experiencing everything, albeit in moderation. All things considered, there are a few gems in the book, but the major issues in the execution made for a very tedious read. Therefore, I rate Easy & Concise Guide For Contentment and Sustained Happiness two out of four stars. Readers who are open to self-discovery and self-improvement will find a few beneficial areas in the book if they can manage through the issues I raised.

Easy & Concise Guide For Contentment and Sustained Happiness
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

Although the contents of the book seem intriguing, the flaws balance them out. I've read some books about self discovery and stuff so I think I'll pass this one out. Thanks for the insightful review.
John Karanja 1
Favorite Book: The Cadence of Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-karanja-1.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by John Karanja 1 »

It's a good thing to rediscover one's self as it helps one improve his or her character with time.
Thanks for the good review.
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

I appreciate that the author included the aspects of love and forgiveness in this process. Thank you for an honest review. I'll have to pass this one.
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

Self-discovery helps one to live intentionally. This book contains a wealth of information but unfortunately, I'll pass because of the negative aspects stated in your review. I hope that the author sees the book through another round editing for a hitch-free read.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”