Review of House Poor No More

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of House Poor No More

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "House Poor No More" by Romana King.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

House Poor No More by Romana King is a non-fiction book for people seeking to buy a house, sell or renovate it. It explains ways we can save money and gain more money. This book also explains everything one should know about homeownership and practical steps to apply while looking for the home of our choice.

This book provides ways to maintain, protect, and increase our home's value, thereby satisfying our emotional and financial needs. It further explains ways we can invest to gain a larger profit. How to save for personal use was not left out, as it outlines different ways we can save to pay our debt. Readers would be educated on how to write down goals and ways we can achieve them.

The book has helped me to understand the value of properties. Lands appreciate, but buildings depreciate over time because lands are gifts of nature that cannot be replaced. Our homes satisfy us more than our basic needs; it also protects us. With this book, I have realized that owning a house does not mean we are financially free.

I love how the author has taken her time to outline the important factors one should consider when thinking of owning a house. With this book, I have learned how to save for personal use and the future. I was glad to learn about insurance policies and ways I can secure my assets and properties.

I'm sure readers who are also planning on owning their homes or properties will have a lot to learn from this book. Even readers who are not planning to own a home can learn to maintain and upgrade the house they live in. They can, at the same time, learn to manage their expenses. The part I love most in this book is chapter three. The chapter clearly explains all about home maintenance and ideas about materials to replace the old one at a given price.

I would rate Home Poor No More by Romana King 4 out of 4 stars due to the positive factors outlined above. Also, the book deserves this rating because it explains and gives detailed points about all one needs to know when it comes to homeownership, saving, and debt payments. The author found a way to make these points clear. This book was well edited. I found a few mistakes while reading, but I still understood what the writer said. There was nothing I disliked about the book.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to buy, sell, renovate, maintain and upgrade their home. I would also recommend this to those who want to save and manage their home expenses.

House Poor No More
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
clarsclar d
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by clarsclar d »

Because of the positive factors outlined above, I would give Home Poor No More by Romana King 4 out of 4 stars. The book also deserves this rating because it explains and gives details on everything one needs to know about homeownership, saving, and paying off debt.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

I've read a couple of books about investing in real estate and stuff and I was fascinated after reading them so I think this one will be good for me. Thanks for the review.
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

This sounds like an excellent source of information for those who are planning on buying their own home, or have just bought one. The advice on home maintenance is useful for most readers. I am glad that the book helps readers to understand that buying a home does not mean they are financially free. Thanks for the good review on this book.
James Onows
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by James Onows »

I've read a couple of books about investing in real estate and I was anxious after reading them so I think this one will be good for me. Thanks for the review.
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fareed-regal.html
Latest Review: In Plain Sight by Susan Mallett

Post by Fareed Regal »

Sounds like a very useful book to read whether you own a house or not. Good advice that saves you money is difficult to argue against. Thank you for an in-depth review!
Luchris_klaus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-klaus.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Luchris_klaus »

The act of protecting our home value is essential. Home ownership is very good. I would love to read the book. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”